Meghan Markle was no shrinking violet in this look.
The Duchess of Sussex bloomed in a royal purple dress Tuesday evening as she attended the One Young World Summit at the Royal Albert Hall in London. The sold-out frock was from Aritiza’s Babaton label and previously retailed for $138.
More from Footwear News
- Meghan Markle's Favorite Stuart Weitzman Boots Are Nearly 70% Off
- Meghan Markle Recycles Her Engagement Announcement Dress With Heels Inspired by French Superstar Brigitte Bardot
- Melania Trump Wears Trendy Python Pumps for 'Be Best' Vaping Panel
Markle teamed the bold dress with her go-to shoes: Manolo Blahnik’s BB pumps. Named after French actress Brigitte Bardot, the BB features a low-cut topline, a pointed toe and a slim stiletto heel. The shoe has been around for more than a decade and has other celebrity fans such as Kylie Jenner, Melania Trump and Jessica Alba.
The shoe is available in many colors and materials, including several versions owned by the duchess. The navy suede iteration is available on Nordstrom.com for $625.
In a 2018 interview with FN,Blahnik has praised Markle’s sartorial capabilities, calling the Northwestern alum “sophisticated and elegant with touches of the New York girls but not so uptight.”
“It is a great honor and joy to have my shoes worn by such a beautiful young lady,” he explained. “Meghan is well on her way to becoming a style icon of the 21st century.”
At the One Young World Summit, Markle joined world leaders and activists to discuss some of the planet’s biggest problems. She attended as vice president of The Queens Commonwealth Trust.
Click through the gallery to see more images of Meghan Markle in the Manolo Blahnik BB pump.
These Meghan Markle-Approved Flats Are Just $100 on Amazon
Meghan Markle Pairs Her Favorite Pumps With This ’60s-Inspired Dress in South Africa
Best of Footwear News
- Lady Gaga, Gwen Stefani & More Celebrities Wearing Fishnet Tights
- From the Archives: Combat Boots Through the Years
- Celebrities Whose Style Got Better With Age