MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., April 01, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- IRIDEX Corporation (IRIX), a provider of innovative ophthalmic laser-based medical products for the treatment of glaucoma and retinal diseases, announced today that its Cyclo G6® Glaucoma Laser and proprietary MicroPulse® Technology was featured in various posters and presentations at the World Glaucoma Congress last week in Melbourne, Australia. The congress ran from March 27- 31, 2019.
Eight world-renowned glaucoma specialists provided hands-on training with the Cyclo G6 Glaucoma Laser to 50 physicians at a wet lab on Friday, March 29th. Additionally, Prof. Paul Chew (Singapore), Dr. Ziad Khoueir (Lebanon), Dr. Shan Lin (United States), Dr. Robert Chang (United States), Dr. Sandra Sieminski (United States), Dr. Victor Koh (Singapore), Dr. Cecilia Aquino (Singapore) and Dr. Ilesh Patel (Australia) provided training, discussed cases, results, technique, and best practices.
At the IRIDEX booth, six MicroPulse laser experts (Dr. Ziad Khouer, Dr. Sandra Sieminski, Dr. Shan Lin, Dr. Robert Chang, Dr. Sheng Lim, and Dr. Vital Paulino Costa) shared experiences, results and best practices with attendees.
The following are some of the symposiums, courses, abstracts and posters where World Glaucoma Congress attendees learned about MicroPulse laser therapy for glaucoma:
- Lasers in glaucoma: Finding the right spot (Course)
Faculty: Ying Han, MD, PhD (United States)
- MicroPulse and continuous wave CC: early option or last resort (Session)
Faculty: Dr. Anton Hommer (Austria)
- Treatment Outcomes of MP-TSCPC in Refractory Glaucoma Patients in a Tertiary Government Hospital (Abstract)
Authors: Raphael Anthony Guballa, Joseph Manuel Cruz
- Comparison of Outcome Predictors for MicroPulse Laser Trabeculoplasty (Abstract)
Authors: Matthew Hirabayashi, Trevor Rosenlof, Jella An
- Efficacy and Safety of MicroPulse Laser Trabeculoplasty for Primary Open Angle Glaucoma (Abstract)
Authors: Ying Hong, Sijia Song, Chun Zhang
- MP-TSCPC in Controlled Primary Open Angle Glaucoma by Medication (Abstract)
Authors: Ivana Liehneova, Soňa Karlovská
- MP-TSCPC Evaluating the Laser Output of the MP3 Device Following Repeated Use (Abstract)
Authors: Katherine Lun, Ekakristiani Suwandono Maya, V. Koh, P.T. Chew
- A Modified MP-TSCPC Technique for the Treatment of Refractory Glaucoma (Abstract)
Authors: Anne Marie Macasaet, Kirsten Wong, Victor Koh, Maria Cecilia D. Aquino, Paul Chew
- MP-CPC Outcomes in Filipino Patients with Refractory Glaucoma (Abstract)
Authors: Aprille June Rapista, Peter Richmond Lee, Ma. Catherina Coronel Nasol
- The Efficacy and Safety of MP-TSCPC in Japanese Refractory Glaucoma (Abstract)
Authors: Risako Yamamoto, Takashi Fujishiro, Koichiro Sugimoto, Shotaro Asano, Kimiko Shimizu, Hiroshi Murata, Rei Sakata, Ryo Asaoka, Megumi Honjo, Makoto Aihara
IRIDEX is a worldwide leader in developing innovative and versatile laser-based medical systems, delivery devices and consumable instrumentation for the ophthalmology market. The Company’s proprietary MicroPulse® technology delivers a differentiated treatment that provides safe, effective, and proven treatment for targeted sight-threatening eye conditions. IRIDEX’s current product line is used for the treatment of glaucoma, diabetic macular edema (DME) and other retinal diseases. IRIDEX products are sold in the United States and Germany through a direct sales force and in more than 100 countries through a network of independent distributors. For more information, visit http://www.iridex.com.
Investor Relations Contact:
Pascale Communications, LLC.