FREMONT, CA--(Marketwired - Apr 24, 2013) - A major Texas semiconductor manufacturer has purchased from MicroTech an ORCA Fully Automated Intelligent Process System (IPS) because of its ability to process wafers in a high throughput environment.
The wafer process system was specifically designed for a high throughput metal "lift off" application. Because of the custom designed process configuration, initial throughput data indicates a six fold increase in wafer throughput and increased ROI.
The 200mm fully automated ORCA IPS includes:
- MicroTech 5500 multi-tasking, GUI-based, touch screen, recipe controlled software
- MicroTech 5000 two axis linear transfer robot
- Ultrasonic process for continuous, high energy cleaning
- Temperature controlled recirculation of chemicals for reduced chemical usage
- Modular design for flexibility and ease of modification
- Bulk chemical supply interface
The automated wafer process system was delivered and installed and is currently going through final start-up qualification.
MicroTech is a leader in the engineering, manufacturing and applications support of wet process and chemical distribution equipment as well as on-site service, repair and maintenance. The company's 20,000 square foot Silicon Valley manufacturing facility is equipped with a Class 100 clean room fully facilitated with DI water and nitrogen for pre-shipment final testing. With over 25 years' experience as a semiconductor equipment manufacturer, MicroTech also supplies the Solar, MEMS, LED, BioMed and flat panel display (FPD) markets. www.microtechprocess.com