NOVATO, CA--(Marketwire - Mar 19, 2013) - IMSI®/Design, the developer of the #1 best-selling CAD in retail, announced today the release of TurboCAD Deluxe 20.
"For over two decades TurboCAD Deluxe has set the price/performance bar in CAD," stated Bob Mayer, COO of IMSI/Design. "Version 20 continues this leadership role. Happy birthday, TurboCAD Deluxe!"
TurboCAD Deluxe v20 new and enhanced features includes:
- New 64-Bit Version. Address up to 32GB of memory (compared to 2GB on the 32-bit platform). Load, process, and render much larger CAD files. (32-bit version still available if required by your hardware.)
- New Print Window. Enter coordinate values, or use the mouse to specify opposite corners of an area you wish to print. It's a simple way to quickly print just the part of a design you want.
- New Super Selector Modes. The drag mode selector has been greatly enhanced with three new drag modes, and one new menu item that encapsulates the old selector modes offering more precise control over object selection for faster, easier modification of your drawing.
- New Previous Selection Function. Allows users to quickly jump back to the last selection modified, and restore the selection.
- Improved AutoCAD 2013 (DWG) filter. Updated file filter offers a range of continued enhancements for working with the latest AutoCAD® and AutoCAD LT 2010 / 2011 / 2012 / 2013 files to maximize your workflow.
- New STL filter. Now export 3D models to STL file format, the format read by many 3D printer software programs for rapid prototyping.
More Powerful Drafting & Detailing
- New Protractor Tool. Place a virtual protractor on your drawing to more easily create construction lines in 2D and 3D. The Protractor Tool is able to work in many modes simultaneously with a powerful dynamic display.
- New Stellated Polygon Tool. Create star-shaped polygon objects in two clicks. Just as quickly adjust properties including teeth number, stellated as wave (for rounded stellated polygons), radius external, radius internal, radius fillet external (works when stellated as wave option is ON), radius fillet internal, angle of rotation, hole diameter, and thickness (when working with ACIS 3D stellated polygons).
- Improved Associated Viewport Dimensions. Add dimensions to an object through a viewport in paperspace and the dimensions will update if the model changes.
- New Dimension Function. Linear and angular dimension tools now allow users to specify a fixed length for line extensions and the value for that length.
- New Convert to Arcs Polyline. Convert a Bezier or Spline curve into a polyline composed entirely of circular arcs, or entirely of circular arcs and linear segments.
Availability and Pricing
TurboCAD Deluxe 20 is $129.99 and is now available.
For more information or to upgrade online, please visit www.TurboCAD.com or call IMSI/Design at 1.800.833.8082 (+1.415.483.8000).
IMSI/Design is a pioneer in mobile solutions for the AEC (Architectural, Engineering, and Construction) industry and the global leader in retail CAD (Computer Aided Design). With over 16 million products distributed since 1988, IMSI/Design products include the award-winning TurboCAD®, TurboViewer®, TurboReview®, TurboSite®, and TurboFloorPlan™ families of precision design applications for mobile and desktop. Please visit www.IMSIdesign.com for more information.
© 2013 IMSI/Design, LLC. All rights reserved. IMSI and TurboCAD are registered trademarks and/or trademarks of IMSI/Design, LLC. AutoCAD is a registered trademark of Autodesk. All other identifiable marks are the property of their respective owners.