- Canopy Growth, the world's largest marijuana company, is set to report earnings after the closing bell Tuesday.
- The stock has long been popular among millennials on Robinhood, and Tuesday was no exception.
- Follow CGC's stock price in real-time here.
Canopy Growth — the world's largest marijuana company and the first to trade on the New York Stock Exchange — has been a wildly popular stock among millennial investors, and heading into the Canadian company's firs- quarter earnings report, that enthusiasm was only growing.
More than 26,000 investors on the stock-trading app Robinhood , which skews much younger than traditional brokerages, held the stock as of Tuesday afternoon. That's a 179% increase in holders since the stock first appeared on Robinhood's "Top 100" list in June. It's now the 42nd most-popular stock on the app.
Canopy soared earlier this year when Canada passed legislation legalizing marijuana throughout the country. However, it saw heavy selling Tuesday, down 7%, alongside its peers as the Ontario province delayed the launch of brick-and-mortar marijuana sales until April 2019.
Analysts polled by Bloomberg expect Canopy to report an adjusted loss of $0.11 a share on revenue of $26.33 million.
Shares of CGC have fallen by 12% this year.
- Your opinion matters — Join BI Insiders program
- I've saved enough at age 28 that I'll be a multimillionaire by retirement, and I used Warren Buffett's favorite investing strategy to do it
- Rapper Azealia Banks claims she was at Elon Musk's house over the weekend as he was 'scrounging for investors'