NEW YORK, NY / ACCESSWIRE / May 8, 2018 / Monteverde & Associates PC has filed a class action lawsuit in the United States District Court for the Northern District of Ohio, Case No. 1:18-cv-00931, on behalf of public common unitholders of Fairmount Santrol Holdings, Inc. ("Fairmount" or the "Company") (NYSE: FMSA) who held Fairmount public common units and have been harmed by Fairmount and its board of directors (the "Board") for alleged violations of Sections 14(a) and 20(a) of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934 (the "Exchange Act") in connection with the acquisition of the Company by SCR-Sibelco NV ("Sibelco").
Under the terms of the merger agreement (the "Merger Agreement Sibelco will own, directly or indirectly, approximately 65% of the shares of combined company common stock and Fairmount stockholders, including holders of certain Fairmount equity awards, immediately prior to the effective time will own the remaining approximately 35% of the outstanding shares. The complaint alleges that the Board authorized the filing of a materially incomplete and misleading Registration Statement on form S-4/A (the "Proxy") with the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC"), in violation of Sections 14(a) and 20(a) of the Exchange Act. In particular, the Proxy contains materially incomplete and misleading information concerning: (i) financial projections for both companies; (ii) the valuation analyses performed by Fairmount's financial advisor, Wells Fargo Securities, LLC ("Wells Fargo"), in support of its fairness opinion; (iii) information relating to the Background of the Merger; and (iv) potential conflicts of interest faced by the Wells Fargo.
If you wish to serve as lead plaintiff, you must move the Court no later than July 2, 2018. Any member of the putative class may move the Court to serve as lead plaintiff through counsel of their choice, or may choose to do nothing and remain an absent class member. If you wish to discuss this action, or have any questions concerning this notice or your rights or interests, please contact:
Click here for more information: www.monteverdelaw.com/investigations/m-a/ It is free and there is no cost or obligation to you.
Monteverde & Associates PC is a boutique class action securities and consumer litigation law firm committed that has recovered millions of dollars and is committed to protecting shareholders and consumers from corporate wrongdoing. Monteverde & Associates PC lawyers have significant experience litigating Mergers & Acquisitions and Securities Class Actions, whereby they protect investors by recovering money and remedying corporate misconduct. Mr. Monteverde, who leads the legal team at the firm, has been recognized by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star in Securities Litigation in 2013 and 2017, an award given to less than 2.5% of attorneys in a particular field. He has also been selected by Martindale-Hubbell as a 2017 Top Rated Lawyer.
Juan E. Monteverde, Esq.
MONTEVERDE & ASSOCIATES PC
The Empire State Building
350 Fifth Ave, Suite 4405
New York, NY 10118
United States of America
Tel: (212) 971-1341
Attorney Advertising. (C) 2018 Monteverde & Associates PC. Prior results do not guarantee a similar outcome with respect to any future matter.
SOURCE: Monteverde & Associates PC