“The Morning Show” is coming. Announced two years ago as Apple’s first foray into original programming, the hourlong drama starring Jennifer Aniston, Reese Witherspoon, and Steve Carell is set to debut November 1 along with the launch of Apple TV+ itself.
But what’s the rumor-starting series about? Per Apple’s official synopsis, “The Morning Show” explores the cutthroat world of morning news and the lives of the people who help America wake up in the morning. Told through the lens of two complicated women (Aniston and Witherspoon) working to navigate the minefield of high-octane jobs while facing crises in both their personal and professional lives, “The Morning Show” is an unapologetically candid drama that looks at the power dynamics between women and men, and women and women, in the workplace.
More from IndieWire
- 'Watchmen': Don Johnson Weaponizes Charisma, and He's So Good, It's Scary
- 'Looking for Alaska' Soundtrack: Listen to All the Songs from the Hulu Show and Travel Back to 2006
- From Apple to 'South Park,' Entertainment Companies Grapple With Profit Versus Ethics in China
The drama has Kerry Ehrin serving as an executive producer and showrunner, while Mimi Leder is also on board as an E.P., in addition to directing the first two episodes, as well as the Season 1 finale. Co-stars include Billy Crudup, Mark Duplass, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Nestor Carbonell, Karen Pittman, Bel Powley, Desean Terry, and Janina Gavankar.
Take a look at the following first-look photos to get a better picture of who these fine actors are playing, what the new drama is about, and what else we know about what Apple hopes to be the buzziest new show of the fall.
Best of IndieWire
- ‘The Lord of the Rings’: Everything You Need to Know About Amazon’s Big Money Adaptation
- Disney+: 200 Must-Watch TV Shows & Movies Available on Launch
- The Top 10 'Breaking Bad' Episodes, Ranked