- By Dave Ahern
Finding blue-chip dividend-paying stocks is one of the best ways to grow your wealth over time. These companies have paid a dividend consistently over the years over a great double compounding effect that is hard to beat. We will discuss some of the myths of dividend-paying blue-chip stocks and why they are in some cases avoided by the investor for flashier, more exciting opportunities.
- The definition of blue-chip dividend-paying stocks.
- Accumulating dividends is better than selling shares for income.
- A hot topic is reinvestment versus dividend payouts.
- Some of the best dividend payers are "boring" companies.
- Blue-chip dividend-paying stocks are great wealth-building machines.
- Warning! GuruFocus has detected 5 Warning Signs with IBM. Click here to check it out.
- High Yield Dividend Stocks in Gurus' Portfolio
- NYSE:IBM) with a yield 1% to 3% you might think as an investor even though I got a 20% gain even without getting paid a dividend, if I sell the 20% I gained.