NASA officials said they are still planning for another Artemis I launch attempt next week, despite the tropical system tracking toward Florida.
Officials said they will be watching the weather, but noted the forecast does not call for winds in excess of 74 knots on Tuesday.
“Our plan a to stay the course and get launch off on Sept. 27th, but we also need to be paying attention and thinking about a plan B,” said Mike Bolger, manager of NASA’s exploration ground systems.
Bolger said if the forecast shifts and the launch attempt needs to be pushed back, the rocket will need to be rolled back into the VAB.
Crews are working to launch the SLS rocket and Orion spacecraft for the Artemis I mission.
Officials said they are likely to make a more firm decision on whether to launch on Saturday.
A successful tanking test was conducted Wednesday on NASA’s Space Launch System rocket, which is currently sitting on its launchpad at the Cape Canaveral Space Force Station.
The tanking test was done by crews who filled the rocket with super cold fuel to look for potential leaks.
Stay tuned to Channel 9 Eyewitness News for updates on the launch.