SAN FRANCISCO, Jan. 6, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- The global native collagen market size is expected to reach USD 231.6 million by 2025, exhibiting a CAGR of 5.4% over the forecast period, according to a new report by published by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing demand for the product in cosmetics formulations owing to its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and anti-aging properties is expected to fuel the market growth.
Key suggestions from the report:
- In terms of revenue, marine source segment is projected to ascend at a CAGR of 5.8% over the forecast period
- In terms of volume, wound dressing emerged as the largest application segment in 2018, owing to the ability of the product to treat chronic wounds by inhibiting metalloproteinase
- Asia Pacific is projected to witness a remarkable CAGR of 6.5% in near future, owing to the increasing consumption of healthcare and cosmetic products in the region
- A majority of market players offering native collagen are forward integrated across the value chain and also offer extracted products
Read 114 page research report with ToC on "Native Collagen Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis By Source (Bovine, Porcine, Poultry, Marine), By Application (Bone & Joint Reconstruction, Wound Dressing, Cosmetics (Topical)), And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2025'' at: https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/native-collagen-market
Native collagen is in an unprocessed form of the protein, which is employed in several end-use applications such as bone and joint reconstruction, wound dressing, tissue regeneration, and in various skincare products. It is further processed or hydrolyzed to form peptides and gelatin. Processed products are used for various purposes in several industries such as food and beverage, personal care and cosmetics, photographic, and healthcare. Increasing demand for processed products from these end-use industries is anticipated to boost the production of gelatin and hydrolyzed collagen, thereby hampering the market growth.
Native collagen is also used in dietary supplements, dental implants, and cell culture. The growth of the segment can be attributed to the increasing use of the product in research related actives. Native collagen is widely being used in dietary supplements used for bone and joint health. In cell culture activities, it is used as a coating solution for facilitating cell attachment, growth, differentiation, migration, and tissue morphogenesis.
A majority of the manufacturers in the native collagen market are investing heavily in R&D activities to meet the regulatory norms, specifications, and guidelines. Several native collagen suppliers are focusing on dealing with more than one manufacturer owing to price competitiveness in the market as the product is niche. Some of the major market players include Thermo Fisher; Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.; Aviva Systems Biology Corporation; and RayBiotech, Inc. Most companies are involved in the distribution of the product for cell culture activities.
Grand View Research has segmented the global native collagen market on the basis of source, application, and region:
- Native Collagen Source Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Native Collagen Application Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
- Native Collagen Region Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 - 2025)
Find more research reports on Food Additives & Nutricosmetics Industry, by Grand View Research:
- Calcium Silicate Market – Global calcium silicate market is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period, on account of its increasing applications in the food & beverage sector as an anti-caking agent.
- Olibanum Gum Market – Global olibanum gum market has been witnessing strong growth over the past few years on account of increasing demand from flavor & fragrance industry and this trend is expected to continue over the forecast period.
- Betaine Market – Global betaine market size is estimated to exceed USD 3.5 billion by 2022 and is expected to grow at an estimated CAGR of over 6% from 2015 to 2022. Increasing nutritional products and dietary supplements demand is expected to drive the market.
Gain access to Grand View Compass, our BI enabled intuitive market research database of 10,000+ reports
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, U.S.-based market research and consulting company, provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services. Registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco, the company comprises over 425 analysts and consultants, adding more than 1200 market research reports to its vast database each year. These reports offer in-depth analysis on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. With the help of an interactive market intelligence platform, Grand View Research helps Fortune 500 companies and renowned academic institutes understand the global and regional business environment and gauge the opportunities that lie ahead.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Follow Us: LinkedIn | Twitter
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.