First-hand checks with 33 service providers (SPs) who operate (or used to operate) on ANGI Homeservices Inc (NASDAQ:ANGI) suggest competition from Alphabet Inc (NASDAQ:GOOG)'s Google is intensifying, according to Needham.
Needham's Brad Erickson maintains a Buy rating on Angi Homeservices with a price target lowered from $23 to $20.
Needham's first-hand checks included conversations with 22 SPs currently on the HomeAdvisor platform along with 11 others who left the platform over the past year, Erickson wrote in a note. The main takeaway was "incrementally negative" for the company versus prior checks for four key reasons:
- Churn was higher compared to prior conversations which may be related to SPs having a more favorable opinion or increased spend on Google.
- Google's conversion rates were in some cases equal to HomeAdvisor's.
- The process of obtaining credits for bad leads is easier at Google.
- Google boasts a superior reputation in terms of storing data versus smaller platforms like HomeAdvisor.
Despite multiple concerning takeaways from checks with SPs, the bullish case for the stock remains unchanged. Specifically, shares of Angi HomeAdvisor continues to trade at a valuation which reflects an inaccurate belief it has trouble generated sufficient traffic to its platform. Management has several options at its disposal to improve the perception and the analyst wrote he is "hopeful" new deals can be announced.
Shares of Angi Homeservices closed Tuesday down 5% at $13.65 and hit a new 52-week low of $13.47.
Benchmark Continues To See IAC As Core Long-Term Holding
Latest Ratings for ANGI
|Apr 2019||Initiates Coverage On||Overweight|
|Jan 2019||Initiates Coverage On||Buy|
View More Analyst Ratings for ANGI
View the Latest Analyst Ratings
See more from Benzinga
- Apple Analyst: Inventory Glut In iPhone Camera Module Supply Chain Is Over
- Investors Sell The News Of IBM-Cloudera Rumor
- Wedbush Steps To The Shopify Sidelines
© 2019 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.