LEXINGTON, Ky., March 12, 2020 /PRNewswire/ -- Neogen Corporation (Nasdaq: NEOG) announced today that it is ramping up its inventory of hand sanitizers, disinfectant wipes, nitrile gloves, and disinfectants to help in the global effort to slow the spread of coronavirus.
Neogen's comprehensive suite of biosecurity products, including sanitizers, apparel, cleaners and disinfectants, were primarily developed for use in Neogen's agricultural markets; many would prove useful to stop the spread of disease — wherever it exists. The company also offers AccuPoint® Advanced, a sanitation monitoring device that provides an almost instant indication of the cleanliness of a surface.
"Neogen has been built to help prevent and rapidly respond to the spread of pathogens," said John Adent, Neogen's president and CEO. "Products in our portfolio have been proven effective against viruses similar to COVID-19, and can be utilized to help stop the spread of disease when used in accordance with their labeled directions for use. Our Parvosol and BioSentry 904 disinfectants are EPA-approved, sub-licensed products under the 'emerging pathogen' label claim. We also offer a wide variety of gloves and other personal protection items to help protect those in areas where exposure to the virus may be a concern. Neogen is ready to help in any way that we can."
Neogen's biosecurity products include:
- COMPANION™ Hand Sanitizer – a 62% ethyl alcohol-based foaming hand sanitizer formulated to provide exceptional protection. The CDC recommends that if soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Parvosol® II RTU Disinfectant – a hospital grade quaternary ammonium formulation.
- BioSentry® 904 Disinfectant – a hospital grade broad-spectrum blend of four quaternary ammonium compounds disinfectant recommended for use on hard, nonporous surfaces.
- COMPANION Disinfectant Wipes – hospital grade, ready-to-use wipes that effectively clean, disinfect and control odor in one step.
- BioSentry BioPhene™ Spray Disinfectant – an EPA-registered, hospital grade, aerosol disinfectant that effectively controls common viruses and bacteria.
Neogen also offers a full line of gloves and other personal protection apparel. For more information, contact Neogen at 859/254-1221 or visit animalsafety.neogen.com.
Neogen Corporation develops and markets products dedicated to food and animal safety. The company's Food Safety Division markets dehydrated culture media and diagnostic test kits to detect foodborne bacteria, natural toxins, food allergens, drug residues, plant diseases and sanitation concerns. Neogen's Animal Safety Division is a leader in the development of animal genomics along with the manufacturing and distribution of a variety of animal healthcare products, including diagnostics, pharmaceuticals, veterinary instruments, wound care and disinfectants.
Katlyn Connelly, Neogen Corporation
SOURCE Neogen Corporation