- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
Millions of fans tuned in to Super Bowl LV on Sunday to watch Tom Brady solidify his legacy as arguably the best quarterback of all time.
Other people tuned in just for the commercials.
According to data measurement and analytics company EDO, glucose monitoring company Dexcom was the clear winner this year. Dexcom's commercial with vocalist and actor Nick Jonas, who has Type 1 diabetes, drove 11 times more search interest compared to the average Super Bowl ad.
Here is a summary of EDO's ranking of the top 10 commercials based on search interest trends.
2. SpaceX: A 30-second commercial advertising the first civilian trip to space on SpaceX's Inspiration 4.
4. Cadillac: Edgar Scissorhands, the son of Edward Scissorhands, takes advantage of self-driving technology found in the Cadillac Lyriq, an electric vehicle. The commercial stars Winona Ryder, who was in the cinematic "Edward Scissorhands" from 1990, and Timothee Chalamet, who is appearing in the latest movie adaption of the science-fiction classic, "Dune," scheduled for fall 2021. Cadillac is owned by General Motors Company (NYSE: GM).
6. Dr. Squatch: A 30-second ad for natural soap products for men, "You're Not A Dish," shows why men deserve a great product.
7. Paramount: Patrick Stewart, Dora the Explorer, Beavis and Butthead, "Snooki," James Corden, and many other TV and film characters gather together on a mountaintop to advertise Paramount's new streaming platform, Paramount+. Paramount is part of ViacomCBS Inc (NASDAQ: VIAC).
9. Paramount: The only company to rank twice in the top-10 is Paramount's promo for "Y:1883", the spin-off prequel to "Yellowstone."
See more from Benzinga
© 2021 Benzinga.com. Benzinga does not provide investment advice. All rights reserved.