The OCR Kings, two veteran extreme athletes, have used obstacles to gain success while attempting to dominate in the OCR world (Obstacle Course Racing). They plan to increase this success with the launch of their first event the OCR Kings Challenge Virtual Race beginning this May.
DANBURY, Conn., May 10, 2018 /PRNewswire-PRWeb/ -- With the rise in popularity of Obstacle Course Racing, "Championship" type OCR TV shows featuring "Elites" (extremely fit, young athletes) competing against each other are springing up all the time. On the circuit, however, Elites make up only 1 or 2 heats of any given obstacle race. That's on average 500 of 5000 total participants, only about 10%. What about the other 90%? What about the folks who can't spend all day in the gym training, those who have jobs and responsibilities - the people who make up the majority of the races?
Enter the OCR Kings! Mack (work from home dad) and Damer (an IT guy with 3 kids) are two average guys who attempt to dominate in the world of Obstacle Course Racing by recreating the grueling challenges and obstacles of actual OCR's and developing the best methods of conquering them. They do this while dealing with the drama of maintaining their family lives, their jobs, and each other's friendship.
"We set out to find the best ways to compete in OCR's, like Spartan Race, Tough Mudder, and Warrior Dash, by creating our own course in the back woods of Connecticut, after work, at night, after the kids are in bed," says Damer. "Then we film and share what we learn."
The OCR Kings also compete in races and capture complete race footage, which has been hugely popular with viewers. "Everybody likes to know what they're up against ahead of time. We're like Cliff Notes for races," says Mack. "We'll show you how to survive an OCR from the start line, to the free beer at the end of the course."
With their obstacle race video content, the OCR Kings have been able to use obstacles to gain success, gathering a social media following of thousands and generating over 1 million views on YouTube. "It's amazing being able to talk to people from all over the world about OCR stuff," says Damer. "We love the feedback from the viewers and interacting with them."
Mack and Damer plan to expand their reach and continue their success with the launch of the inaugural OCR Kings Challenge Virtual Race, a 5k run complete with race medal in which entrants can participate at the time, pace, and location of their choosing. According to Mack, "We don't care if you run on a track, on an elliptical, on a treadmill, hike, bike, or walk, we just want people to get up off the couch and move!"
To view OCR Kings race footage, gear reviews, and training tips videos, visit http://www.youtube.com/OCRKings.
For more information on, or to sign up for the OCR Kings Challenge Virtual Race, visit https://ocrkings.eventbrite.com.