VANCOUVER, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Feature rich content includes video-based coaching, interval training and routines that take the guesswork out of training
Dedicated to fueling lives worldwide with innovative exercise equipment and programming, Octane Fitness, a Nautilus, Inc. (NLS) brand, is launching a free, updated version of its popular workout app, which is now available at the App Store for iOS devices. The new Octane Fitness app works with the Octane Q47xi, Q37xi, xR6xi, ZR8 and ZR7 home equipment models.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181002005188/en/
Originally launched in 2014 as SmartLink™, the app has been completely redesigned to be more user-friendly and intuitive to navigate, with everything accessible at one’s fingertips. The cleaner layout and visuals deliver a better user experience and help fuel motivation.
“The new Octane Fitness app underscores our passionate commitment to help provide superior workouts and enhance motivation for exercisers worldwide, and we are continually seeking unique ways to further expand our offerings,” said Ryan Simat, Vice President and General Manager of Commercial and Specialty, Nautilus, Inc.
1. Goal-based routines – Exercisers can identify personal goals, including: lose weight, feel better, improve endurance, increase strength, athletic performance or active recovery – and then select from a multitude of workouts designed to achieve that goal. No more guesswork as to which workout is best suited for specific objectives.
2. New motivation screen options – Users can choose from several motivational screens to display their workout feedback, including a tachometer, track, heart rate, video-based coaching and more. This way, exercisers can take advantage of various ways to fuel workouts for better results, such as covering the quarter-mile track faster or increasing their heart rate by working harder.
3. Cardio and strength – The unmatched CROSS CiRCUIT® program combines intervals of cardio, strength and flexibility exercises into one workout on one machine. New videos guide exercisers and make it simple to incorporate HIIT into any workout. The app features more than 35 pre-programmed routines and over 225 strength and flexibility exercises.
4. HIIT – Octane’s signature MMA and 30:30 routines are taken up a notch with an addictive tachometer that displays real-time calorie burn that compels exercisers to challenge themselves even more to bury the needle. Workout Boosters, such as X-Mode, GluteKicker and ArmBlaster, also add intense intervals in any routine, and feature interactive videos to maintain proper form.
5. Stride tracing – On the Zero Runner® zero-impact machine, dual stride tracing technology monitors one’s gait and provides valuable information to help preserve proper form and consistency throughout workouts.
6. Customized tracking – Users can create their own profile, and workout history is conveniently tracked and saved in the app, and connected to Apple® Health, with additional third-party apps coming soon.
7. Accommodating – The Octane Fitness app meets exercisers where they are – from beginners to advanced levels – with a variety of different regimens and multiple intensity levels.
More to Come
The app also will be compatible with Octane’s commercial LateralX, XT-One, XT4700, XT3700, xR6000, ZR8000 and ZR7000 units, and will be released for iOS in the fourth quarter of 2018. The Android-compatible version of the Octane Fitness app will be released in 2019. Exercisers using either the iOS or Android version will benefit from periodic app updates over time that will add more variety and extra motivation to their Octane workouts.
About Nautilus, Inc.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Washington, Nautilus, Inc. (NLS) is a global fitness solutions company that believes everyone deserves a fit and healthy life. With a brand portfolio including Bowflex®, Modern Movement®, Nautilus®, Octane Fitness®, Schwinn® and Universal®, Nautilus, Inc. develops innovative products to support healthy living through direct and retail channels as well as in commercial channels.