BOCA RATON, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Associates Across North America United to Make a #depotdifference on Saturday, May 11
Office Depot, Inc. (ODP), a leading B2B integrated distribution company providing business services and supplies, products and technology solutions, hosted its second annual “Depot Day of Service,” the company’s flagship associate-driven volunteer initiative, on Saturday, May 11, in cities across North America.
Thousands of Office Depot, Inc. associates, along with their friends, family members and non-profit partners, united to complete approximately 35 service projects across the U.S. and Canada to make a #depotdifference.
“Caring for local communities is at the heart of Office Depot’s culture,” said Jerri DeVard, executive vice president, chief customer officer for Office Depot, Inc. “As Office Depot continues to evolve and move in an innovative new direction, we’re pleased to have expanded our ‘Depot Day of Service’ program companywide to help create an even greater impact in the communities we serve.”
In honor of National PTA’s Teacher Appreciation Week, seven large-scale service projects included Title I elementary school makeovers where hundreds of volunteers provided new landscaping, applied fresh coats of paint to the interior and exterior of the buildings and more. The schools included:
- Austin, Texas: Winn Elementary School
- Charlotte, North Carolina: Steele Creek Elementary School
- Chicago, Illinois: Belmont-Cragin Elementary School
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: James J. Sullivan Elementary School
- Phoenix, Arizona: Sahuaro Elementary School
- South San Francisco, California: Spruce Elementary School
- Stone Mountain, Georgia: Wynbrooke Elementary School
Additional volunteer projects included:
- Refurbishing clubhouses for the following Boys & Girls Club chapters:
- Naoma Donnelley Haggin Boys & Girls Club in Delray Beach, Florida
- East Side Boys & Girls Club in St. Paul, Minnesota
- Smilow Rainier Vista Boys & Girls Club in Seattle, Washington
- Sorting, packing and helping to ship donated food to local charities with:
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Central Florida in Orlando, Florida
- North Texas Food Bank in Dallas, Texas
- Gleaners Community Food Bank of Southeastern Michigan in Detroit, Michigan
- Los Angeles Regional Food Bank in Commerce, California
To learn more about how Office Depot invests in local communities year-round, visit depotdifference.com.
About Office Depot, Inc.
Office Depot, Inc. (ODP) is a leading B2B integrated distribution company providing business services and supplies, products and technology solutions through its fully integrated omni-channel platform of approximately 1,350 stores, online presence, and dedicated sales professionals and technicians to small, medium and enterprise businesses. Through its banner brands Office Depot®, OfficeMax®, CompuCom® and Grand&Toy®, the company offers its customers the tools and resources they need to focus on their passion of starting, growing and running their business. For more information, visit news.officedepot.com and follow @officedepot on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Office Depot is a trademark of The Office Club, Inc. OfficeMax is a trademark of OMX, Inc. CompuCom is a trademark of CompuCom Systems, Inc. Grand&Toy is a trademark of Grand & Toy, LLC in Canada. ©2019 Office Depot, Inc. All rights reserved. Any other product or company names mentioned herein are the trademarks of their respective owners.