The influence on the USD was limited but the Greenback finished Wednesday on the bullish side of the market. Data that shook the market was EIA Crude Oil Inventories. Build of 4.7 M barrels was not exactly what buyers could have expected. That number was a direct trigger for the investors to sell Crude. Price went down, which resulted with a proper sell signal as the WTI dropped below the major up trendline and the lower line of the flag formation. Current sentiment is negative.
EURUSD defended 1.118 again, which is a positive sign for Dollar. The price created a long head on the daily candle again, which shows us the bearish determination to keep the price lower. As long as we stay below the yellow area, the signal to go short is ON.
Negative setup can be also seen on the EURCHF. Yesterday, the price failed to break the neckline of the double bottom formation, which could have been a trigger to go long. Instead of this, we witnessed a bounce and a price making new mid-term lows. As long, as we stay below the black line, EURCHF should continue to decline.
This article is written by Tomasz Wisniewski, a senior analyst at Alpari Research & Analysis
This article was originally posted on FX Empire
More From FXEMPIRE:
- Oil Price Fundamental Daily Forecast – Prices Plunge as Bearish Factors Pile Up
- Credit Impulse Flashes a Warning to Major Economies
- EUR/USD Daily Forecast – Break or Fake?
- Cardano’s ADA Technical Analysis – Resistance Levels in Play – 23/05/19
- USD/CAD Daily Price Forecast – Loonie Skyrocketing to Weekly Top Levels Amid 1.67% Drop in Oil Prices
- U.S. Dollar Index Futures (DX) Technical Analysis – Jump in Euro Zone PMI Could Spike Dollar Index Lower