- NVIDIA, a leading manufacturer and developer of graphics cards, is expected to announce a new series of graphics cards on Monday, including their newest flagship model: the RTX 2080, according to a recent report.
- The annual Gamescon gaming expo will be held on Monday, but NVIDIA is holding a livestreamed event before the expo, where they're rumored to be announcing the new card and making it available to pre-order.
- It's been a rough year or so for graphics cards, as cryptocurrency mining has caused them to skyrocketing in price as supply became limited.
If you were waiting for the right time to pull the trigger on the latest and fastest graphics cards for your PC, that time might be right around the corner.
NVIDIA, a leading manufacturer and developer of graphics cards, is rumored to be announcing their newest lineup of cards on Monday, NordicHardware reports.
In a livestreamed event held before the annual Gamescon gaming expo, NVIDIA is expected to reveal the new lineup, including the flagship RTX 2080 — which is also rumored to be available for presale following the announcement. NordicHardware claims to have spoken with retailers who have confirmed the announcement and the expected availability of pre-orders.
As of press times, there aren't many specifications available about the new cards. However, they'll be an upgrade from the previous lineup — the key question, as always, will just be by exactly how much.
In the past year or so, graphics cards saw a huge increase in price caused by cryptominers buying them in bulk to mine cryptocurrency, and prices stayed well above the suggested retail price for quite a while —but they've started to level out in recent months.
- We probably won’t see the next major ‘Grand Theft Auto’ game until at least 2020, after the new PlayStation and Xbox consoles launch — here’s why
- $2.3 billion later, Magic Leap's futuristic headset has the same problem as Microsoft's HoloLens
- Elon Musk loves video games — here are his favorites
SEE ALSO: Nvidia sinks after cutting its guidance