SANDY, UT--(Marketwired - Jun 26, 2014) - Opengear (http://www.opengear.com), a leading provider of critical infrastructure management solutions through advanced console servers, remote management, monitoring, and cellular out-of-band products, today announced a key addition to its IM4200 remote infrastructure management product line with the arrival of the IM4200-2-DAC-X2-GS. This latest product to be certified by Sprint gives enterprise users cellular connectivity that has been tested and certified for use on the Sprint (
The IM4200-2-DAC-X2-GS, with embedded 3G CDMA/EV-DO connectivity, consolidates and streamlines remote management of network, server, and power infrastructure in high density computing environments, ensuring efficient and secure access, monitoring and control for local and remote operations teams. The Sprint certification furthers the cellular connectivity choices available for Opengear customers.
"We're excited to add another Sprint-certified product to our infrastructure management stable," said Rick Stevenson, CEO, Opengear. "Enterprises are rapidly realizing the cost and availability advantages of cellular out-of-band access versus outdated legacy solutions. Network outages can and will happen, and every minute of downtime is financially damaging. That's why it is Opengear's goal to significantly reduce the mean time-to-repair. To that end, ensuring that our products go through certification tests -- like we've done with Sprint -- continues to be an important initiative."
The Opengear IM4200 family of products provides substantial benefits:
- Advanced console management: Immediately access consoles (available to manage 8, 16, 32, or 48 devices) from preferred SSH client or integrated HTTPS AJAX web terminals.
- Enterprise-grade security: Comprehensive security with FIPS 140-2 certified SSL, SSH and VPN.
- Environmental monitoring: Instant alarms, alerting and data logging for temperature changes, humidity, water ingress, smoke, tampering and other potentially catastrophic issues.
- Vendor-neutral power management: Uniquely supports equipment from over 100 power vendors.
- Lower total cost of ownership: Configurable serial ports and integrated hardware eliminates the need for multiple appliances.
- Centralized management for easy enterprise-wide deployments: Extend the IM4200 with Opengear Lighthouse central management to manage up to 5,000 Opengear appliances from a single pane of glass.
Founded in 2004, Opengear designs, manufactures and delivers the most feature-rich, cost-effective, flexible solutions for secure remote infrastructure management. With Opengear, companies can access and manage mission critical systems, devices and equipment remotely and securely, even if the network is down, to save costs and maximize business continuity. The company is headquartered in Sandy, Utah, has substantial operations in the UK and Australia, and sales partners worldwide. For more information, please visit http://www.opengear.com.