REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwire - Mar 28, 2013) - (
- Oracle today announced the availability of Oracle Event Processing for Oracle Java Embedded, a smaller footprint version of Oracle Event Processing tailored for deployment on gateways.
- Oracle Event Processing for Oracle Java Embedded is designed and optimized to meet the unique requirements of gateway devices in order to handle large volumes of data coming from implementations such as industrial and building control, e-health, smart grid and home automation that need support for edge devices like wireless modules for Machine to Machine communication (M2M) and environmental sensors.
- Oracle Event Processing for Oracle Java Embedded is fully integrated and certified with Oracle Java Embedded Suite and is a key component of Oracle's complete, "device to datacenter" platform for simplifying and accelerating the implementation and deployment of M2M solutions and services.
- Oracle Event Processing for Oracle Java Embedded takes the robust functionality of Oracle Event Processing closer to edge devices, providing reduced latency for faster critical decision making, remote operation for more effective use of network resources, as well as dynamic online application updates for more rapid time to market.
Embedded Offering Extends Oracle's Fast Data Solutions
- Leveraging Oracle Coherence for in-memory grid computation and tightly integrated with Hadoop and NoSQL, Oracle Event Processing is a critical element of Oracle's Fast Data solutions, providing organizations with real-time insight into data before it gets inserted in Big Data warehouses.
- Oracle Event Processing for Oracle Java Embedded will provide companies the ability to handle massive volume and growth of data coming from edge devices by processing data closer to the source.
- With the addition of the product for Oracle Java Embedded, Oracle Event Processing now offers flexible options including cascading deployments of Oracle Event Processing engines at every stage of the service and event lifecycle -- from device to datacenter.
- "With the increasing number of devices connecting to The Internet of Things we are also seeing greater diversity of information sources, resulting in an explosion of data for organizations to manage," said Hasan Rizvi, executive vice president of Oracle Fusion Middleware and Java at Oracle. "Our new Java embedded product brings the core Fast Data functionality out to the edge, reducing the time it takes to process large volumes of data, allowing customers to quickly respond to emerging business trends."
- Oracle Event Processing for Oracle Java Embedded
- Oracle Event Processing for Oracle Java Embedded Download
- Watch the Fast Data Webcast
- Read the Forbes article on Oracle and Fast Data
- Connect with Oracle Java Embedded on Twitter, Facebook and YouTube
- Connect with Oracle Event Processing on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Read the Oracle Event Processing and Complex Event Processing (CEP) Blogs
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.