REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwire - Jan 7, 2013) - Oracle (
- Oracle today announced enhancements to Oracle Retail Category Management, which helps grocers, big box retailers, hardlines and department stores improve sales through a customer-centric planning process that helps to create tailored assortments, pricing and promotions to specific customer segments.
- The new release delivers several significant updates that help deliver actionable insights, identify valuable customer segments, and accelerate time-to-value. The new release of Oracle Retail Category Management enables retailers to:
- Accelerate planning using pre-configured, automated processes aligned to industry best practices that incorporate advanced data analysis and visualization leveraging multiple data sources including market data along with a retailer's own data.
- Reduce implementation time and cost with expanded templates and data models that dramatically simplify integration of data from multiple third-party syndicated data sources including internal sources, such as customer loyalty cards and point of sale information.
- Improve profitability by helping to create space-aware, tailored, assortments by using new embedded forecasting, customer segmentations and consumer decision trees.
- Built on the Oracle Retail Predictive Application Server, Oracle Retail Category Management is the latest solution update within the suite of Planning, Optimization, Forecasting and Supply Chain solutions that are based on the flexible and scalable platform.
- Oracle will provide more information and demonstrations of the product at the upcoming National Retail Federation Convention exposition on January 14 - 15, 2013 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center, New York City, Booth #721.
- "Oracle Retail Category Management provides grocers, hardlines and other retailers with a significant step forward in creating a better customer experience through targeted product offerings," said Mike Webster, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Oracle Retail. "The solution helps to define, speed up and improve the category management process and enables managers to leverage better insight to create category winners and drive performance."
- About Oracle Retail Category Management
- Oracle Retail on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Oracle Insight-Driven Retailing Blog
- Oracle Retail in the News
- Oracle Retail Asset and Centralized Knowledge Portal
- Complete Commerce Blog
About Oracle Retail
Oracle provides retailers with a complete, open and integrated suite of business applications, server and storage solutions that are engineered to work together to optimize every aspect of their business. 20 of the top 20 retailers worldwide -- including fashion, hardlines, grocery and specialty retailers -- use Oracle solutions to drive performance, deliver critical insights and fuel growth across traditional, mobile and commerce channels. For more information, visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com/goto/retail
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to retail, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.