REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwired - Jul 2, 2013) - Oracle (
Engineered together, Oracle Database 12c and Oracle storage systems can deliver a 65 percent reduction in administration, tuning and provisioning, and up to 12x data compression based on usage patterns -- new innovations only available with Oracle storage. Combined with industry-leading DTrace storage analytics, customers achieve peak database performance, significant cost reductions, and virtually eliminate manual processes.
- Oracle today announced new database-to-storage system capabilities for customers using Oracle Database 12c with Oracle's Sun ZFS Storage Appliance and Pillar Axiom storage systems.
- The new capabilities enable Oracle Database users to optimize database performance, streamline storage configuration and provisioning, and quickly create new development and test environments.
- Oracle Database 12c customers can accelerate performance of Oracle Multitenant pluggable databases by using the fastest NAS database performance available from the Sun ZFS Storage Appliance.
- Oracle's new Automatic Data Optimization feature, available with Oracle Advanced Compression, automatically balances and optimizes performance with maximum storage footprint reduction using the massive data compression uniquely available on Oracle storage systems with Hybrid Columnar Compression (HCC).
- Support for Oracle Multitenant and pluggable databases provides the ability to synchronize the backup, replication and maintenance of multiple pluggable databases as a single entity, allowing quick creation of complete development and test environments, and more rapid, lower-risk migration of complex environments with interrelated databases into production.
- Oracle Database 12c also introduces Oracle Intelligent Storage Protocol (OISP), which will enable the database to communicate directly with the Sun ZFS Storage Appliance and deliver a 65 percent reduction in administration and provisioning by dynamically and automatically tuning database performance. OISP will allow select future Oracle storage product releases to highly optimize configurations, accelerate provisioning, and auto-tune storage systems for increased performance.
- Oracle Database 12c customers can immediately utilize the Pillar Axiom enterprise-grade storage system to provision and tune storage to the unique aspects of Oracle Database 12c. The combination of Pillar Axiom's patented Quality of Service (QoS), Storage Domains and Application Profiles enable customers to perform one-click storage provisioning with prioritized performance tuning for Oracle Database 12c images and the applications that run on them.
- QoS on the Pillar Axiom and OISP on the Sun ZFS Storage Appliance provide unparalleled advantages when used in Oracle Database 12c environments.
Oracle Storage Delivers Unique Value for Oracle Database Customers
- Oracle's Sun ZFS Storage Appliances and Pillar Axiom storage systems are the only NAS and SAN storage that support Oracle Hybrid Columnar Compression, an Oracle Database-specific feature that typically compresses historical data by 12x, and improves query performance an average of 5x.
- Sun ZFS Storage Appliances are the only storage systems with an award-winning storage analytics suite capable of providing granular application or VM/VDI visibility and control, and immediate resolution of VDI boot storms and SLA infringement fees.
- Oracle's Sun ZFS Storage Appliances are the only storage systems to demonstrate leading performance across major industry-standard storage benchmarks.
- Oracle Database 12c customers can use the secure multi-tenancy and QoS capabilities of the Pillar Axiom storage system to physically isolate data on a user or application basis and can deliver high levels of predictable performance to multiple customers in a consolidated SAN storage environment.
- Sun ZFS Storage Appliance and Pillar Axiom are the only NAS and SAN products engineered with Oracle's complete software stack, from Oracle Applications to Oracle Database and Oracle VM, as well as the Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle SuperCluster engineered system.
- "Oracle's Sun ZFS Storage Appliance and Pillar Axiom are engineered with Oracle Database 12c in order to deliver optimized configuration, simplified management and the fastest performing and most efficient storage systems," said Phil Bullinger, senior vice president, Storage, Oracle. "The results can be dramatic TCO savings for our customers, as they significantly lower their storage capacity requirements, increase operational efficiencies, and reap the benefits of software and hardware that is deployed, upgraded, managed and supported together."
- Oracle's Sun ZFS Storage Appliances
- Oracle's Pillar Axiom Storage Systems
- Oracle Database
- Oracle Hardware on Facebook, Twitter
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.