REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwired - Jan 30, 2014) - Oracle (
Today's high-speed, multifaceted business environment requires that Chief Financial Officers (CFOs) and finance executives have real-time global views of their organizations and the ability to quickly forecast the effects of the dynamic world in which their businesses operate. To address these needs, Oracle has introduced the Real Time Bottom Line, which includes two new applications for PeopleSoft Financials customers. Engineered for Oracle Engineered Systems, the new Oracle In-Memory Applications are designed to help the office of the CFO drive business performance through faster, well-informed decisions based on real-time simulation of business, organizational and regulatory changes. With these capabilities, CFOs can make swift, strategic decisions without waiting until the financial period closes.
- Oracle today announced the general availability of two new Oracle In-Memory Applications for Oracle's PeopleSoft: Oracle's PeopleSoft In-Memory Financial Position Analyzer and Oracle's PeopleSoft Financial Allocations Analyzer.
- Optimized from the ground up to take full advantage of the processing capabilities of Oracle Engineered Systems such as Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle SuperCluster, these new applications enable real-time simulations designed to help the office of the CFO drive business performance through faster, more strategic decision making.
- Using simulation analysis and comparisons, organizations can discover business growth opportunities and capitalize on them, can reduce potential cost risk and take corrective action during the financial period.
- In addition, with an intuitive interface and powerful processing throughput, the applications enable users to process data, conduct analysis and compare financial results faster, enabling them to make quicker and smarter decisions that can positively impact their organization's bottom line.
- Leveraging a closed loop process, business rule changes evaluated in simulations can be automatically deployed into production simply by selecting the desired scenario.
- Oracle's engineered systems, servers and storage are engineered together with Oracle Database, Oracle Fusion Middleware and Oracle Applications to offer faster performance, greater efficiency, higher availability and near-unlimited scalability. By owning the entire stack from application to disk, Oracle can engineer, test, optimize and deliver a rich set of exclusive features and application accelerators.
- Running Oracle software on Oracle hardware, customers can lower the total cost of ownership, mitigate risk, improve user productivity and leverage Oracle Enterprise Manager to streamline management while benefiting from the value of a single point of accountability.
- These two Real-time Bottom Line In-Memory Applications are yet another example that Oracle Applications run best on Oracle systems.
PeopleSoft In-Memory Financial Position Analyzer: Taking Guesswork Out of the Equation
- PeopleSoft In-Memory Financial Position Analyzer enables organizations to:
- Model the impact of material activity through 'what if' scenarios and analyze results on more granular levels.
- Expedite business course changes by accessing information that can be shared with stakeholders and line managers.
- Take guesswork out of the equation by empowering CFOs to make better decisions based on real-time trial balance, pro-forma financial statements and P&L positions by business, region and product, among other criteria.
PeopleSoft In-Memory Financial Allocations Analyzer: Setting a New Standard for Productivity
- PeopleSoft In-Memory Financial Allocations Analyzer enables organizations to:
- Model scenarios of possible changes based on what is in their production environment in terms of allocation rules, balances and third-party data.
- Compare scenarios to establish which is most beneficial to meet the stated need.
- Meet the challenge of modeling complex allocations quickly and easily as business needs arise, reduce manual efforts and errors, loss of control over data and the veracity of the configuration changes.
- Automatically deploy new allocations business rules from selected scenarios.
- "This solution leverages real time production data to simulate, analyze and deploy business strategies, helping companies to eliminate the historical latency and accuracy issues that constantly challenge the office of finance," said Paco Aubrejuan, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle's PeopleSoft. "With the capabilities offered by the new Oracle's PeopleSoft In-Memory Applications, CFOs and finance executives can vastly improve their ability to make strategic decisions early in the financial period. This insight can help organizations increase their profits, avoid obstacles and improve their return on assets."
- Oracle In-Memory Applications
- Oracle's PeopleSoft
- Oracle's PeopleSoft Financials
- Oracle Engineered Systems
- Oracle Exadata Database Machine
- Oracle SuperCluster
- Whitepaper: PeopleSoft In-Memory Real Time Bottom Line for Oracle Engineered Systems
- Data sheet: PeopleSoft In-Memory Financial Position Analyzer
- Data sheet: PeopleSoft In-Memory Financial Allocations Analyzer
- Video Feature Overview: Oracle's PeopleSoft In-Memory Real Time Bottom Line
- Blog Post: Announcing the General Availability of PeopleSoft In-Memory Real-Time Bottom Line - Revolutionary Solutions for the CFO
- Follow PeopleSoft on Twitter
- Oracle's PeopleSoft Videos on YouTube
- PeopleSoft Apps Strategy Blog
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.