SAN ANTONIO, TX--(Marketwired - May 6, 2014) - CS Week -- Oracle (
Today, utilities are focused on improving the customer experience to better address increasing customer expectations around areas such as multi-channel communications, 24/7 access to information and personalized service. To help its utilities customers achieve these goals, Oracle is releasing solutions with new business features and enhanced technical architecture that help position utilities for success now and into the future.
- As utilities work to enhance their customer experience with multi-channel communications, flexible programs and increased mobility, Oracle is developing innovative solutions to support evolving utility industry business needs.
- Oracle has provided new releases for its customer information system, meter data management system, customer self-service solution and mobile workforce management solution.
- Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing 2.4 Service Pack 1 includes new functionality to help utilities better manage the entire lifecycle of their customer services and products by providing an end to end process management for segmenting and targeting customers for specific programs or services (i.e. conservation programs), developing campaigns to encourage customer participation and managing customer communication preferences through Oracle Utilities Customer Self Service 2.1. The solution's embedded analytics also allow utilities to measure program success and provide insights that utilities can use to guide future campaigns or alter existing programs to achieve the desired results.
- Oracle Utilities Meter Data Management 2.1 Service Pack 2 works with Oracle Utilities Customer Self Service to enable utilities to aggregate and compare usage across accounts. The solution also provides customers with near real-time access to detailed usage data, including over-lay options -- such as weather data -- which can help customers lower their bills by making more informed decisions regarding their energy use. The solution also includes new functionality to enable utility customers to conduct "what-if" rate analysis to determine the impact to their bill if they, for example, switch to an electric vehicle or install solar panels.
- Oracle Utilities Customer Self Service 2.1 Service Pack 1 includes new functionality that enables utilities to offer a fully integrated, modern customer experience by providing customers with mobile access to their accounts via smart phone browsers, mobile applications or a web site. The latest enhancements enable utilities to create their own mobile application leveraging the same architecture that supports their web site, and the mobile application -- allowing customers to view bills, make payments, view and/or report outages, get service notifications, and more. The Oracle solution also includes integrated short message service push notifications enabling utilities to send automated messages to customers via their channel of choice.
- Oracle Utilities Mobile Workforce Management 2.2 helps utilities manage, automate and gain more visibility into their field work by extending operational capacity to include external contractors, adding efficient ways to help meet customer demand by assigning work to the most cost-effective blend of labor resources; supporting complex work lifecycles -- that may require multiple resources, span multiple days and comprise multiple tasks -- bringing schedule optimization benefits across lifecycles; and expanding mobile device support, including a thin-client browser based option, for organizations that employ a "bring your own device" (BYOD) strategy for employees and contractors.
- "We integrated Oracle Utilities Customer Care and Billing's Program Management Module, Oracle Utilities Mobile Workforce Management's Contractor Portal and Operational Device Management to manage our Heat Pump Rental program lifecycle -- from targeted customer marketing to providing quotes to assigning installation to third party plumbers to billing the customer. Oracle Utilities end-to-end product suite enables us to offer customers the best possible experience, achieve strategic goals and continues to pay dividends over and above our original projected return on investment," said Jan Ferro, enterprise application strategist, Green Mountain Power.
- "Today's electric, gas and water utilities recognize the need to deliver a superior customer experience. They must respond quickly to customer requests, ensure that customer interactions are highly personalized and at the same time, deliver the right information to the right place at the right time. Oracle Utilities is committed to supporting utilities with innovative solutions that meet their business needs now and into the future," said Rodger Smith, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Utilities.
- Oracle Utilities
- Oracle Utilities on Facebook
- Oracle Utilities on Twitter
- Oracle Utilities on LinkedIn
- Oracle Utilities YouTube Channel
- Oracle Utilities on Diigo
About Oracle Utilities
Oracle Utilities delivers proven software applications that help utilities of all types and sizes achieve competitive advantage, business performance excellence and a lower total cost of technology ownership. Oracle Utilities integrates industry-specific customer care and billing, network management, work and asset management, mobile workforce management and meter data management applications with the capabilities of Oracle's industry-leading enterprise applications, business intelligence tools, middleware, database technologies, as well as servers and storage. The software enables customers to adapt more nimbly to market deregulation, meet ever-evolving customer demands and deliver on environmental conservation commitments. Additionally, Oracle Utilities helps utilities prepare for smart metering and smart grid initiatives that enhance efficiency and provide critical intelligence metrics that can help drive more-informed energy and water usage decisions for consumers and businesses. For more information, visit www.oracle.com/goto/utilities.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.