REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwired - Apr 2, 2013) - Oracle (
- SUPERVALU, a leading grocery retailer and supply chain operator, has implemented Oracle Identity Management 11g Release 2 to support its growing business.
- SUPERVALU consists of 2,200 retail locations and 2,500 independent franchises, as well as extensive supply chain services that are leveraged by the company, customers and government organizations across the country.
- As SUPERVALU rolled out a new mobile and social strategy to help its store managers save time and increase productivity, it needed an identity management solution that could provide secure access to company information via more than 2,200 Apple iPads that were being distributed across the company.
- Continuing its long-standing partnership with Oracle, SUPERVALU selected Oracle Identity Management 11g Release 2 to deliver the powerful security it required, while being easy to use and maintain.
- Specifically, SUPERVALU implemented Oracle Identity and Access Management Suite Plus, Oracle Access Management, and Oracle Directory Services Enterprise Edition 11g.
- Through the access management capabilities of Oracle Identity Management 11g Release 2, SUPERVALU's store directors are now able to access back office applications using iPads to manage their respective SUPERVALU retail locations from anywhere on the store floor, resulting in increased productivity and the ability to spend more face-to-face time with their customers.
- As part of a move towards a more simplified IT environment, Oracle's Identity Management solutions also allowed SUPERVALU to replace two separate directory environments with just one directory, with a 98 percent conversion rate for the applications that integrate with the directory and minimal downtime and impact to users.
- In addition, the high performance delivered by Oracle Directory Services Enterprise Edition 11g has enabled SUPERVALU to consolidate its directory server infrastructure by moving from 15 servers to just five.
- "We're a company that likes to position itself for both current and future success, and that includes growing our business while embracing the very latest social and mobile technologies," said Phillip Black, IT director for identity and access management, SUPERVALU. "Through Oracle's forward-thinking approach to identity management, we are able to provide our employees with the technology they need to be more productive and bolster customer relationships, while enabling the company to securely leverage the latest social and mobile innovations."
- Oracle Identity Management 11g R2
- Oracle Identity and Access Management Suite Plus
- Oracle Access Management
- Oracle Directory Services Enterprise Edition 11g
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.