REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwired - Apr 3, 2013) - Oracle (
- Oracle today announced Oracle Virtual Networking, the industry's first and only open architecture data center fabric that simplifies complex data center deployments with a wire-once solution and simple software defined network configurations.
- Oracle Virtual Networking offers the industry's fastest data center fabric with up to 80 Gb/sec bandwidth to the server and now supports Oracle's SPARC T5, T4 and M5 servers and Oracle Solaris 11 on both SPARC and x86 platforms.
- Oracle Virtual Networking can help customers achieve results like these:
- Improve application performance by 4 times
- Reduce infrastructure complexity by 70 percent
- Cut LAN and SAN capital expenditures by 50 percent
- Accelerate virtual machine migrations by 19 times
- Provision new services and reconfigure resources in minutes, not days
- A complete fabric for the modern data center, Oracle Virtual Networking supports operating systems including Oracle Solaris, Oracle Linux, Microsoft Windows and leading hypervisors including Oracle VM, VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Oracle will host a Webcast on April 30 at 11 am PT to provide a deeper dive into Oracle Virtual Networking and today's news. Register here.
Oracle Virtual Networking Support for Oracle's SPARC Servers and Oracle Solaris
- Using Oracle Virtual Networking, SPARC T5 and T4 server customers can build and deploy cutting-edge applications and deliver new cloud services.
- Oracle Virtual Networking enables SPARC customers to consolidate older SPARC/Oracle Solaris applications onto a flexible fabric based on SPARC T-series and M-series servers without downtime.
- Oracle Virtual Networking is the only data center fabric that can deliver larger server pools with scalable I/O. Configuration with eight Oracle Fabric Interconnects can scale up to 1,000 servers and 128,000 cores using Oracle's SPARC T5 systems.
- Ideal for virtualization, Oracle Virtual Networking enables customers to run more VMs per server and get predictable performance for mission-critical applications with granular quality of service controls.
- For cloud deployments, customers can create up to 16,000 private Ethernet layer-2 networks inside a single fabric and maintain necessary network security in multi-tenant cloud environment.
- Additionally, the new release of Oracle Fabric Manager 4.1 unifies management for SPARC and x86 systems deployed with the Oracle Fabric Interconnect.
- "As the industry's fastest data center fabric, Oracle Virtual Networking enables increased performance and agility while virtually eliminating the complexity in traditional data centers," said Raju Penumatcha, vice president, Product Development, Netra Systems and Networking, Oracle. "Now with added support for the fastest processors on the planet and the first cloud OS, customers can leverage the benefits of Oracle Virtual Networking in both SPARC and x86 environments."
- Oracle Virtual Networking
- Oracle's SPARC Servers
- Oracle's Sun x86 Systems
- Oracle Solaris
- Oracle Linux
- Oracle VM Server for SPARC
- Oracle VM Server for x86
- Oracle Hardware on Facebook, Twitter
- Connect with Oracle Solaris via Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.