REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwired - Jul 17, 2013) - Oracle (
- SEI (
NASDAQ: SEIC), a leading global provider of investment processing, fund processing, and investment management business outsourcing solutions, is using Oracle Linux for its new SEI Wealth Platform, to deliver wealth management solutions to its customers.
- SEI's wealth management solutions are delivered to banks, trust companies, independent wealth advisers, investment advisors, and other financial services firms worldwide. SEI processes more than 1.6 million wealth management accounts (as of December 31, 2012).
- In addition to Oracle Linux, the SEI Wealth Platform, as a platform for wealth management service solution, is built using other Oracle technologies, including Oracle Database, Oracle Real Application Clusters, Oracle Enterprise Manager, Oracle Coherence, and Oracle WebLogic Suite.
- As SEI continues to develop its highly competitive technology platform and deploy new applications to its global customer base, Oracle Linux provides them with the flexibility and scalability to meet current client demands as well as achieve future growth.
- Oracle Linux has helped SEI create significant efficiencies -- including reducing its patching processes from days to hours and has helped to significantly improve application response times -- which also contributed to operational business process improvements.
- To help ensure their infrastructure continues to run at peak performance with virtually zero downtime or service interruption, SEI leverages Ksplice zero downtime kernel updates technology available to Oracle Linux Support customers.
- "SEI values Oracle, which is helping us drive an industry-leading departure from legacy, mainframe-based solutions to a more modern infrastructure," said Martin Breslin, Senior Infrastructure Architect, SEI. "Oracle Linux gives SEI the stability and performance our business processes require. Additionally, it allows us to scale to meet company growth and customer demands, while increasing efficiency and effectiveness. As a result, we've built a fully-integrated, reliable infrastructure on the Oracle stack, which has enabled us to provide the next-generation wealth-management offering, unlike anything available in the market today."
- "Enabling customers like SEI to bring world-class, game-changing solutions to their industry is a key driver for Oracle," said Monica Kumar, senior director, Product Marketing, Oracle. "Oracle Linux with the Ksplice zero downtime kernel update technology, provides the high-performance, scalable, and reliable foundation needed to help our customers deliver leading solutions."
- Oracle Linux
- SEI discusses deploying Oracle Linux
- Oracle Linux Customers
- Wim Coekaerts Blog
- Visit Oracle Linux on Blog, Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.