REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwired - Apr 30, 2013) - Oracle (
- Oracle today announced that independent market analyst, Ovum, has ranked Oracle as a leader in its "Ovum Decision Matrix: Business Intelligence and Analytics for Telcos" report. (1)
- In the report, Ovum positioned vendors in one of three categories -- leaders, challengers or followers. Companies were considered for inclusion in the report if they offered an integrated, pre-built business intelligence (BI) solution for communications service providers (CSPs) that can manage raw data and generate reports. Companies also needed to derive a majority of growth from license revenue and have significant brand awareness level among CSPs in multiple regions.
- Oracle Communications Data Model is a TM Forum Frameworx-certified solution built to help CSPs easily collect and analyze customer data required to make customer management, marketing, network deployment and product development decisions.
Ovum Analyst Report Details
- Market Leadership: Ovum defines a leader as a solution that "deserve[s] a place on most technology selection shortlists. Vendors in the category have established a commanding market position with a product or products widely accepted as best of breed."
- 360-Degree View: Among the leaders, Oracle scored highest on enabling a 360-degree view of customers. In its assessment of Oracle, the market analyst said "Ovum believes that telcos considering moving beyond departmental analytics to enterprise-wide analytics should consider Oracle."
- Product Quality: Oracle received high marks for the solution's overall functionality and aesthetics. "The solution is intuitive and user friendly, which makes is easy for non-technical users to create and analyze reports quickly," said the report.
- Strategy and Execution: Ovum rated Oracle's position to develop and execute product strategy highly, noting "Oracle appears to be in the best position among BI mega-vendors to serve a variety of analytic requests, from ad-hoc to structured, with closely integrated infrastructure and tools that share interfaces and metadata."
- Pre-Built Applications: Ovum notes that Oracle Communications Data Model is "one of the most sophisticated and all-encompassing pre-built models available to telcos today." The solution's pre-built capabilities and applications -- which support functions such as network analysis and customer retention -- are designed to meet CSP-specific needs.
Oracle Communications Data Model Details
- Oracle Communications Data Model is a pre-built communications industry-specific data warehouse designed to address the needs of multiple industry segments, including fixed, mobile, and cable.
- Oracle Communications Data Model supports faster time to actionable information with prebuilt adapters, schema, analytics and dashboards and is designed to address all aspects of a service provider's business -- from customer care to the network.
- "As communications service providers evolve how they manage customer and operational data, state-of-the-art data analysis technology will be a key differentiator. Advanced analytics capabilities that provide a 360-degree view of customers -- like those provided by Oracle Communications Data Model -- will become increasingly important as CSP analytics become more sophisticated," said Shagun Bali, Analyst, Ovum.
- "Oracle Communications Data Model gives service providers a critical competitive differentiator by enabling them to collect, store and analyze detailed customer data and achieve a comprehensive view of customers. Our position in Ovum's report as a leading business intelligence platform for service providers underscores Oracle's commitment to offering a sophisticated and industry-specific data modeling solution," said Bhaskar Gorti, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Communications.
(1) Ovum "Ovum Decision Matrix: Business Intelligence and Analytics for Telcos," January 9, 2013.
Oracle Communications Data Model
Oracle Communications on YouTube
Oracle Communications on Diigo
Oracle Communications on Facebook
Oracle Communications on Twitter
Oracle Communications on LinkedIn
About Oracle Communications
Oracle's software and systems span the communications industry technology landscape -- from carrier-grade servers, storage and IT infrastructure, to mission-critical business and operational support systems and service delivery platforms; from business intelligence applications and retail point-of-sale solutions to the Java platform running on more than three billion mobile and handheld devices. Oracle helps 100 of the world's top 100 service providers innovate and exploit new business models, build strong, profitable customer relationships, and streamline operations. For more information, visit http://www.oracle.com/us/industries/communications/index.html.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to the communications industry, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Jointly awarded IIAR Global Analyst of the Year 2012, Ovum provides clients with independent and objective analysis that enables them to make better business and technology decisions. Its research draws upon over 400,000 interviews each year with business and technology, telecoms and sourcing decision-makers, giving Ovum and its clients unparalleled insight, not only into business requirements but also the technology that organizations must support. Ovum is an Informa business.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.