REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwired - Oct 31, 2013) - Oracle (
Oracle Secure Global Desktop 5.1 extends secure, anywhere access to Oracle Applications and other enterprise software from Android tablets, and the Chrome Web browser on Windows and Mac using HTML5. This adds to existing support for iPad tablets and other desktop browsers. The new release allows IT organizations to provide end users with more flexibility to work from their favorite devices.
- Today Oracle announced a new release of its remote application access solution Oracle Secure Global Desktop, adding support for Android tablets.
- Oracle Secure Global Desktop 5.1 also provides easier application access using HTML5 with Google Chrome on Windows and Mac, which eliminates the need for a separate install of client software on the device.
- The new release also adds directory integration with Oracle Unified Directory.
Increases Device Choice and IT Efficiency
- Oracle Secure Global Desktop 5.1 delivers:
- Android tablet support: With HTML5 support for Android, the new 5.1 release provides secure access to applications using just the built-in web browser, without the need for a client application to be installed on the tablet.
- Streamlined access: Google Chrome users on Windows or Mac-based PCs can also access applications remotely with no client installation.
- Enhanced authentication and authorization: Integration with Oracle Unified Directory, an all-in-one directory solution with storage, proxy, synchronization and virtualization capabilities, allows IT managers to benefit from increased scale and performance. With this support, Oracle Secure Global Desktop can authenticate users against an existing user directory, and by using LDAP queries, can easily publish the appropriate applications to the appropriate users.
- Oracle Secure Global Desktop is the only remote access solution certified for use with Oracle Applications.
- "By adding support for Android tablets and Google Chrome on Mac and PCs, the latest release of Oracle Secure Global Desktop provides end users with the ability to access enterprise applications from more devices than ever before," said Wim Coekaerts, senior vice president, Linux and Virtualization Engineering, Oracle. "Providing secure remote access to Oracle and other enterprise applications, all from the same device and without needing to re-write code, enables significant investment and time savings for customers."
- Oracle Secure Global Desktop
- Download Oracle Secure Global Desktop Terms, conditions and restrictions apply.
- Oracle Virtualization home page, Blog, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube
- Relevant Blogs: Wim Coekaerts
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.