ORLANDO, FL--(Marketwire - Feb 21, 2013) - Dr. Alfredo Gapuz, a dentist in Orlando, is committed to remaining up-to-date with the latest technology and techniques in the field of aesthetic dentistry. For this reason, Dr. Gapuz has been attending the Advanced Functional Restorative Dentistry program at the Las Vegas Institute with a focus on neuromuscular dentistry. He recently completed the fifth component of the program's core curriculum on Comprehensive Aesthetic Occlusion Reconstruction.
The course is a six-day live-patient treatment class that provides dentists with on-site training and the chance to observe and learn innovative operation techniques first-hand. LVI aims to address methods of handling more complex reconstruction and rehabilitation cases including:
- Restoring vertical dimensions
- Restoring severely dark teeth without subgingival margins
- Creating biologic pontics that appear to be growing out of tissue
LVI's Advanced Functional Restorative Dentistry program focuses on improving occlusion function as well as aesthetics. The program examines unique case studies with the goal of understanding why specific cases succeed, why others fail, and how to prevent failure before it happens. Dentists that attend the program investigate why so many patients need treatment for functional and aesthetic occlusion issues. Dr. Gapuz hopes to fine-tune his skills as a dentist through these courses and maintain his commitment to quality care at Aesthetic and General Dentistry, his Orlando cosmetic dentistry practice.
According to LVI, the objectives of the Comprehensive Aesthetic Occlusion Reconstruction course are to learn how to:
- Address problems associated with a need for occlusal stabilization
- Discuss management principles, case presentation skills, diagnosis and treatment planning
- Identify appropriate marketing procedures for your practice
- Define advanced cosmetic and soft tissue procedures with all-tissue laser technology
- Educate team and patients about the power of TMD Dentistry
- Maintain an accurate bite even when working on full arches
Dr. Gapuz is devoted to his continued education beyond the program at LVI. For example, he recently attended the International Association of Comprehensive Aesthetics (IACA) conference in Hollywood, FL to learn about the latest methods in neuromuscular dentistry. Dr. Gapuz seeks out any opportunity to expand his knowledge of the field as he strives to offer his patients state-of-the-art care.
About Alfredo M. Gapuz, DMD
Dr. Alfredo Gapuz attended pre-dental school at the University of the East and holds a Doctor of Dental Medicine degree from De Ocampo Memorial College. He received his U.S. license from the national board in 1992. Dr. Gapuz is extensively trained in several procedures including porcelain veneers, smile design and teeth whitening. He is available for interview upon request.