SANTIAGO, Chile--(BUSINESS WIRE)--
Orosur Mining Inc. (“Orosur” or the “Company”) (TSX/AIM: OMI), a South America-focused gold producer, developer and explorer, is pleased to announce an operations and exploration update for its year ending 31 May 2017 (“FY 2017”).
- Successfully built and developed the San Gregorio West underground mine in Uruguay (“SGW UG”) from internal funds
- FY 2017 production of 35,371 oz (within stated guidance of 35-40 koz) following a significant increase in production in Q4 (10,748 oz)
- Operating cash cost guidance of US$800 - 900/oz expected to be confirmed when full year 2017 results are announced in mid-August
- Cash balance at the end of May 2017 was US$3.3M (Q3 US$2.4M and FY 2016 US$4.3M) with debt of just US$0.4.
- In Uruguay, the Company is extending its mine life with a particular focus into the Central and East areas of SG UG. SRK Consulting has been engaged to prepare a scoping study covering an expanded SG UG project which will include not only the extensions to Central, East and Deeps, but also the neighbouring deposits of Veta Sur, Ombú and Veta A.
- The deadline for Asset Chile (“AC”) to make its decision to finance Phase 2 in Anillo (which is strategically located between Yamana`s El Peñon and Pampa Augusta Victoria) has been extended to December 2017
- AC is expected to cover Anillo Spa corporate and ongoing costs until then, which are estimated at approximately US$150k
- the first US$85k was received from AC on June 14, 2017
- under the extension agreement, Orosur is now able to have open discussions with alternative partners to progress Anillo in the event AC does not elect to fund Phase 2
- The Company plans to commence a 15,000m - 30,000m drilling campaign in 2017 in Colombia, culminating in the preparation and publishing of a maiden N.I. 43- 101 compliant resource report for the APTA project. The Company will update the market once the exploration programme has been designed and validated, and a drilling contractor engaged. Timing and scope of the drilling programme will be driven by a combination of exploration results, funding requirements of the Company and prevailing equity and gold market conditions.
Ignacio Salazar, CEO of Orosur, commented:
“We are delighted to have delivered in line with production targets for the fourth consecutive year. Exploration and development work has been running in parallel with production at SGW UG this year allowing us not only to open a new underground mine but also to expand it solely with internal funding from operations. While emphasis on cost management, operational excellence and delivery remains an overriding priority for us, we expect our focus on growth to deliver further results this next fiscal year initially centered on resource definition in Colombia, tapping the potential of the 100km greenstone belt controlled by OMI in Uruguay and advancing Anillo in Chile.”
Forward Looking Statements
All statements, other than statements of historical fact, contained or incorporated by reference in this news release, including any information as to the future financial or operating performance of the Company, constitute "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of certain securities laws, including the "safe harbour" provisions of the Securities Act (Ontario) and the United States Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and are based on expectations estimates and projections as of the date of this news release. There can be no assurance that such statements will prove to be accurate. Such statements are subject to significant risks and uncertainties, and actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such statements. Forward-looking statements include, without limitation: general economic, market and business conditions; international political events; commodity prices; success of exploration activities; permitting time lines; the failure of plant, equipment or processes to operate as anticipated; accidents; labour disputes; requirements for additional capital title disputes or claims; and limitations on insurance coverage. The Company disclaims any intention or obligation to update or revise any forward looking statements whether as a result of new information and future events, except to the extent required by applicable law.
For more information, please visit www.orosur.ca.
The information contained within this announcement is deemed by the Company to constitute inside information as stipulated under the Market Abuse Regulations (EU) No. 596/2014. Upon the publication of this announcement via Regulatory Information Service, this inside information is now considered to be in the public domain.
About Orosur Mining Inc.
Orosur Mining Inc. is a fully integrated gold producer, developer and explorer focused on identifying and advancing gold projects in South America. The Company operates the only producing gold mine in Uruguay (San Gregorio), and has assembled an exploration portfolio of high quality assets in Uruguay, Chile and Colombia. The Company is listed in Canada (OMI.TO) and London (OMI.L).