A consumer staples giant and a clothing retailer headline Wednesday’s earnings release.
American Eagle Outfitter
American Eagle (AEO) is scheduled to release financial results on Wednesday May 27, 2020. The company is expected to lose $-0.22 per share on 656.75 million in revenue. This compares to $0.26 per share in the prior quarter. Earnings forecasts have declined by $0.28 cents per share over the last 30-days down from $0.06 per share. Growth estimates for the quarter see a contraction of 191.70.
The stock prices surged into the results, rallying nearly 50% from its lows in late March. Despite the rebound, it will take a while before consumers return to the malls which will make the return to profitability a long slog for AEO.
Campbell Soup Inc.
Campbell Soup (CPB) is scheduled to report financial results on Wednesday May 27. The consumer staple is expected to report earnings of $0.71 on 2.17 billion in revenues. This compares to $0.66 per share in the prior quarter. ESP are expected to grow by 25% due to increased demand for retail food staples in the wake of the shelter in place mandates. Earning per share have increased by 25% over the past 30-days. Growth estimates are expected to climb by 27%.
The stock price has dropped 15% since hitting a high of $54 in mid-May. A better than expected results will likely buoy the stock price which should retest the most recent May highs.
This article was originally posted on FX Empire
More From FXEMPIRE:
- USD/JPY Forex Technical Analysis – Rangebound: Strong Over 108.088, Weak Under 107.038
- S&P 500 Technical Analysis: Is A Blow-Off Top Setting Up
- S&P 500 Index Overview – Campbell Soup and American Eagle Report on Wednesday
- US Stock Market Overview – Stock Rally Led by Financials as Sentiment Continue to Rise
- S&P 500 Price Forecast – Stock Markets Smash Into Major Level
- U.S. Dollar Index (DX) Futures Technical Analysis – Testing Major Retracement Zone at 99.245 – 98.130