The S&P 500 went back and forth during the trading session on Wednesday, as we continue to see a lot of noise. Ultimately, the $3000 level will attract a lot of attention, and at this point it’s likely that the markets will have to digest the idea of being at this crucial level, but we are still very much in and uptrend. The uptrend is intact, even though we have pulled back. Short-term pullbacks offer plenty of buying opportunities, and then perhaps an opportunity to reach towards the 3020 handle, maybe even the 3050 handle.
S&P 500 Video 18.07.19
We are in the midst of earnings season, so that could cause some bits of noise, but at the end of the day the only thing that the stock market cares about anymore is the idea of whether or not there will be low interest rates. If the Federal Reserve is going to embark on several rate cuts, then it makes sense that we will continue to go higher. The gap below at the 2950 level should continue to keep this market afloat, and I think as long as we can stay above there we shouldn’t be looking to short. However, breakdown below that level would be rather drastic. Ultimately, this is a market that I think is simply looking for value, and we will find that given enough time. All things being equal though, keep in mind that this is the wrong time of year to expect huge moves, most of Wall Street as a way of vacation.
This article was originally posted on FX Empire
More From FXEMPIRE:
- S&P 500 Price Forecast – Stock markets recover slightly
- Gold Price Futures (GC) Technical Analysis – Poised to Rally, but Needs Stronger Buying Volume
- Major Cash, Futures Stock Indexes Turn Higher after Fed’s Williams’ Bullish Signal
- Crude Oil Price Forecast – Crude oil markets continue to struggle in general.
- Soybeans, Corn, and Wheat Trades Down Amid Progress Report
- AUD/USD Price Forecast – Aussie dollar show signs of strength