SANTA CLARA, CA--(Marketwired - Dec 11, 2014) - Palerra, the cloud security automation company, announced today that it is partnering with Microsoft to add a layer of security to the company's Office 365 suite of cloud services. The partnership with Microsoft follows Palerra's inclusion in the Microsoft Office 365 Independent Software Vendor showcase as the first cloud security vendor to participate. The solution enables enterprises to safeguard sensitive corporate stored data within the Office 365 cloud.
LORIC™ from Palerra is the only solution that allows enterprises to automate security configuration management, threat detection, predictive analytics and incident response for their entire cloud footprint. This single, powerful platform delivers comprehensive threat visibility and ensures continuous compliance, addressing the gap in existing enterprise security with the accelerating adoption of cloud services. LORIC will enable enterprises to embrace Office 365 -- the cloud version of Microsoft's leading productivity suite, Microsoft Office -- and balance their business-critical productivity with their security needs.
"As proven by recent high-profile security breaches, the market is facing a gap in security as enterprises increasingly adopt cloud services while the threat landscape intensifies," said Rohit Gupta, founder and CEO of Palerra. "The recent launch of our unique cloud security automation platform, LORIC, aims to tackle this market gap so enterprises don't have to make security compromises when embracing productivity. As such, we're thrilled to be partnering with Microsoft, the market leader in enterprise productivity tools, to provide their global customer base with greater assurance as they embrace the cloud."
LORIC is not deployed inline and unobtrusively monitors activity and detects threats at the source of the data. It does not require hardware, software, or agents making deployment and operation a breeze.
LORIC for Microsoft Office 365 cloud offers the following key features:
- Security Configuration Management: Automated monitoring and enforcement of security configurations across all Office 365 services.
- User Behavior Monitoring: Evaluates deviations from normal user behavior, suspicious locations and non-compliant Office 365 security configurations.
- Privileged Account and Administrator Monitoring: Identifies suspicious administrator actions that could potentially create backdoors.
- Threat Detection: Identifies existing threats across your entire cloud footprint using a variety of threat vectors including deviations from normal user behavior, Office 365 application behavior and traffic from suspicious locations.
- Predictive Threat Analytics: Performs real-time threat modeling using non-linear machine learning algorithms to automatically correlate hundreds of threat vectors including IP reputation, action velocity, and anomalous behavior providing a concise summary of potential threats to Office 365 cloud services.
- Automated Incident Management and Remediation: Automatically generates incident tickets for threat events and resolves incidents through built-in capabilities or by integrating with existing enterprise applications or change management processes.
- Integration with Single Sign-On and Active Directory: Enables user level policies, reports, and remediation for granular visibility and control.
"Office 365's open APIs allow partners to extend the Office 365 experience and deliver even more value to our customers," said Arpan Shah, senior director of product management for Office 365 at Microsoft. "We are excited to see Palerra extend Office 365 and deliver a solution which will offer customers single pane of glass visibility and continuous automated monitoring across Office 365. The LORIC platform from Palerra appeals to us because of its non-invasive approach which doesn't compromise the user experience -- critical for our customers."
To learn more:
- Visit the Microsoft Office Showcase at http://dev.office.com/showcase
- Visit Palerra online at http://palerra.com
- Follow Palerra on Twitter at https://twitter.com/palerrainc
Palerra, Inc. designed LORIC™ to protect an enterprise's entire cloud footprint from branded applications such as Microsoft Office 365 to infrastructure such as AWS, and everything in between. It combines security configuration management, threat detection, predictive analytics, and automated incident response into a single platform, delivering comprehensive visibility and ensuring continuous compliance. It does so without any hardware or software, and unlike cloud access control solutions, is not inline to critical online activities. Palerra is a privately held company funded by Norwest Venture Partners and Wing Venture Partners, and is headquartered in Santa Clara, CA. For more information, visit https://palerra.com.