REDWOOD SHORES, CA--(Marketwired - Jan 7, 2014) - Oracle (
- Azizia Panda United Co. (APU), Saudi Arabia's largest hypermarket "HyperPanda" and supermarket chain "Panda," has selected an integrated suite of Oracle solutions to optimize core retail operations and underpin additional business diversity in line with its aggressive expansion strategy.
- Operating 102 supermarkets and 47 hypermarkets across Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, Panda identified Oracle systems as key to increase its market share by growing existing and new business models.
- The applications will cover retail, corporate, and warehouse management solutions.
- Oracle Retail Merchandising Operations Management solutions will help to streamline and integrate operations, optimize inventory management, enhance pricing and improve the value of data across the business.
- Panda plans to use Oracle Retail Merchandising Analytics and Oracle Retail Customer Analytics to provide insights into critical performance indicators that track sales, margin, inventory and supplier activities to drive more profitable decisions and enhance the customer experience.
- Panda will also use components of Oracle Retail Merchandise Planning, Oracle Retail Supply Chain Planning and Execution and Oracle Retail Stores solutions to enhance inventory lifecycle from planning and forecasting through the supply chain and into stores, improving buying and management of products, particularly fresh and non-food items.
- In addition, APU has selected other Oracle applications including the Oracle E-Business Suite, Oracle Business Intelligence, as well as Oracle Database and several components of Oracle Fusion Middleware to create an end-to-end enterprise platform.
- The flexibility, agility and functionality of the extended Oracle Retail platform, combined with Oracle's proven experience and strategic relationships with international grocery retailers were key factors in APU's decision to choose Oracle.
- Building on its existing deployment of Oracle E-Business Suite Financials, Panda plans to adopt a flexible deployment strategy that delivers rapid results to sustain its future development and growth.
- "To achieve our corporate goals and expansion initiatives, we need the right systems, processes and people in place," said Fawaz Kilfaden, APU IT Director. "Oracle will support our current and future business strategy, enabling us to diversify and build our brand, improve our speed to market, and qualify and manage risks and opportunities moving forward."
- "Only when their operations are integrated and aligned can retailers truly analyze business data and gain insight that drives profitable decision-making and increases market share," said Mike Webster, Senior Vice President and General Manager, Oracle Retail. "Oracle Retail solutions will support APU's initiatives to develop its diversified retail model and deliver a superior customer experience."
- About Panda
- Oracle Retail on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Oracle Retail Blog
- Oracle Commerce Anywhere Blog
- Oracle Retail in the News
- Oracle Retail Asset and Centralized Knowledge Portal
About Oracle Retail
Oracle provides retailers with a complete, open and integrated suite of business applications, server and storage solutions that are engineered to work together to optimize every aspect of their business. 20 of the top 20 retailers worldwide -- including fashion, hardlines, grocery and specialty retailers -- use Oracle solutions to drive performance, deliver critical insights and fuel growth across traditional, mobile and commerce channels. For more information, visit our Web site at http://www.oracle.com/goto/retail
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to retail, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.