ATLANTA, Feb. 19, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --
- High-value shipments get end-to-end protection through Parcel Pro solutions
- Secure shipping meeting demand of luxury online sales
Parcel Pro, a UPS Capital company, today announced a partnership with Manufacturing Jewelers & Suppliers of America (MJSA) that provides MJSA Premier Members access to innovative technology and insured shipping at a time when the industry is experiencing rapid e-commerce growth.
Online sales of luxury goods continue to flourish with growth of 24% in 20171. According to the 2018 Luxury E-commerce Report, six out of 10 of the fastest growing luxury websites surveyed were jewelry and watch companies. Jewelry represented 13.4% of the 130 companies’ online sales.
Additionally, consumers continue to express an interest in custom-designed jewelry. In fact, custom now represents 40% of the $10 billion bridal market2. With jewelers selling more online goods, the need for reliable, insured transportation is crucial to meeting customer demand.
“E-commerce retail revenue is expected to top $4.88 trillion by 20213, so it is no surprise we are seeing more luxury goods shipments,” said Parcel Pro President Manuel Valdez. “Our solutions and capabilities will help MJSA members meet the growing needs of their customers whether they’re shipping $1 million or $500 million in goods a year.”
"Our members require safe, secure shipping options—particularly given the high value of jewelry shipments—and MJSA is excited to be partnering with Parcel Pro to meet that need," said David W. Cochran, MJSA president/CEO. "Parcel Pro's international reach, their tools to reduce risk, and their commitment to customer service have earned them a world-class reputation.”
Parcel Pro offers:
- Secure pickup and delivery in key jewelry markets including New York, Miami, Los Angeles, Chicago and San Francisco
- Proactive package monitoring and carrier communications to minimize delivery delays and risks
- A myriad of technology resources, including web tools for shipping, tracking, APIs, a mobile app, and integration with a Magento® store
- Loss and damage protection for commercial shipments valued up to $150,000 in the U.S. and $100,000 to select countries and territories
Parcel Pro makes it less risky to transport high-value goods. The company’s risk management and shipping procedures have been proven to reduce losses.
By endorsing Parcel Pro, MJSA provides Premier Members with exclusive rates for insured transportation. “All of those members rely on us to provide the support and resources needed to help them to grow and to run their businesses efficiently and profitably,” said Cochran.
Parcel Pro is part of the MJSA Member Protection Package, a portfolio of leading business providers offering a spectrum of best-in-class services.
About Parcel Pro
Parcel Pro, a subsidiary of UPS Capital, has provided insured transportation services for the high-value industry for over 20 years. The company is backed by the longevity and stability of UPS, the world’s largest package delivery company and one of the leading global providers of specialized transportation and logistics services. It is headquartered in Torrance, California. For more information, visit www.parcelpro.com.
Founded in 1903, MJSA is the U.S. trade alliance of professional jewelry makers, designers, and related suppliers with nearly 1,400 member companies. Its mission is to supply the information and resources needed to achieve professional excellence and maintain a competitive edge. Visit www.mjsa.org for more details.
- “2018 Luxury e-Commerce Report,” Internet Retailer. Digitalcommerce360.com. November 2018.
- “Snapshots of the U.S. Jewelry Industry: Opportunities, Challenges and a Few Words to Remember,” Harold Dupy. MJSA Journal, June 2018.
- "Worldwide Retail E-commerce Sales." Statistica.com
© 2019 United Parcel Service of America, Inc. UPS, UPS Capital, Parcel Pro, the UPS brandmark, and the color brown are trademarks of United Parcel Service of America, Inc. All rights reserved.