“We're not going to just all of a sudden abandon health care and move on to the rest,” Ryan told donors in a Monday call, the Washington Post reports. “We are going to move on with rest of our agenda, keep that on track, while we work the health care problem.”
The Speaker suggested that he would have components of the plan available at a retreat Thursday and Friday, according to the Washington Post, and would brief donors then.
“Know this,” he said on the call. “We are not giving up."
Ryan’s remarks come just days after the American Health Care Act was withdrawn from a Congressional vote because it lacked support.
More from Fortune.com
- Breitbart News Denied Permanent Press Credentials for Capitol Hill
- Congress Is Trying to Take Away Your Online Privacy
- 15 Times Top Republicans Said They Would Repeal Obamacare This Year
- The 2 Heads of the House Intelligence Committee Are Now Basically at War
- How Devin Nunes' Trip to the White House Broke With Precedent