BEIJING--(Marketwire - Feb 27, 2013) - Juniper Networks (
Formerly known as Shenzhen Development Bank, Ping An Bank has a network of more than 400 branch offices in 27 cities across China and is aiming to more than double its presence over the next five years. To support this expansion, achieve greater data center flexibility and deliver 10 Gbps business services, the bank turned to Juniper Networks to help simplify its data center network and increase the use of server virtualization.
- The Juniper Networks QFX3500 platforms have been deployed as top-of-rack switches, providing high-speed, low-latency network access within the Ping An Bank data center, boosting the performance of its data warehouse and other I/O-intensive applications.
- The QFX3500 deployment dramatically simplifies the network and reduces operating costs and server-to-server latency.
- These converged switches give the bank a high degree of configuration flexibility, providing 48 ports of Gigabit Ethernet (GbE), 10GbE and Fibre Channel connections as well as four 40GbE ports for uplinks to the data center network core. This enables the bank to increase the number of 10GbE ports available on-demand to support virtual machine hosts as it steps up its data center virtualization program.
Ping An Bank
"Network simplification is a key strategy for realizing Ping An Bank's vision of high-performance data center service delivery. Juniper Networks QFX3500 switches help us to rapidly implement a low-latency and high-performance business network, making data center virtualization simpler."
- Jin Jing Xiu, general manager, IT department, Ping An Bank Ltd.
"Ping An Bank is one of the pioneers in the development of China's banking services and it is leading the way again by embracing radical network simplification to unleash higher data center performance. The deployment of the QFX Series solution reflects a close collaboration between Juniper Networks and Ping An Bank, leveraging our rich finance sector experience and the technical excellence of our switching technology."
- Jonathan Davidson, senior vice president and general manager, Campus and Data Center Business Unit, Juniper Networks
- Juniper.Net Community: www.juniper.net/community
- Juniper on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Junipernetworks
- Juniper on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/JuniperNetworks
- Juniper on Sina Weibo: http://www.weibo.com/junipernetworks
About Juniper Networks
Juniper Networks is in the business of network innovation. From devices to data centers, from consumers to cloud providers, Juniper Networks delivers the software, silicon and systems that transform the experience and economics of networking. Additional information can be found at Juniper Networks (www.juniper.net) or connect with Juniper on Twitter and Facebook.
Juniper Networks and Junos are registered trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. in the United States and other countries. The Juniper Networks and Junos logos and QFabric are trademarks of Juniper Networks, Inc. All other trademarks, service marks, registered trademarks, or registered service marks are the property of their respective owners.