KENNEBUNK, ME--(Marketwire - Feb 11, 2013) - Plixer International, Inc., a leading provider of threat detection and network traffic monitoring solutions, today announced the expansion of its Advanced NetFlow Training seminars. The popular training seminars will convey valuable information on how to improve threat detection with firewalls such as the Cisco ASA and optimize the bandwidth available for business applications.
By leveraging NetFlow and IPIX the instructors will reveal:
- Best practices for performing reconnaissance on network security threats
- How to uncover users causing problems with high flow volumes but, consuming little bandwidth
- The process of finding the source of poor-quality VoIP calls and other difficult-to-discern network performance issues
"The security of intellectual property and the speed of business applications are frequently disrupted by internal and external influences," said Thomas Pore, Director of Support Services, Plixer. "Plixer's Advanced NetFlow Training seminars provide a guaranteed resource for IT personnel to gain valuable insight on how to use flow technologies to easily view, identify and eliminate many types of threats as well as how to ascertain the root cause of most network performance disruptions."
The seminars provide accelerated Netflow training and advanced custom security monitoring insights. Additional topics covered in the training include, but not limited to:
- How to use the Cisco ASA and other firewalls, exporting flow data to gain another layer of protection against advanced threats
- Performance reconnaissance on hosts believed to be hosting malware
- Forensic troubleshooting with NetFlow and IPFIX by using advanced filters to zoom in on specific characteristics
- Insight into the "hop by hop" pattern of a flow as it traverses the network
- Techniques to properly use Cisco Performance Monitoring to troubleshoot VoIP issues such as jitter, latency, packet loss and even URLs
Anyone interested in attending an Advanced NetFlow Training class can find more information on the Advanced NetFlow Training page on Plixer's website.
Download a free trial of Plixer's Scrutinizer for NetFlow traffic analysis, or schedule a live demo by calling: (207) 324-8805 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more NetFlow insight, follow Plixer International on their Blog, Twitter, Facebook or join the NetFlow Developments Group on LinkedIn.
About Plixer International, Inc.
Plixer International, Inc. develops and markets network traffic monitoring and analysis tools to the global market. All of the tools are built from the ground up with valuable feature sets and ease of use in mind. Plixer tools have been used to analyze and troubleshoot irregular traffic patterns by IT professionals with some of the largest networks in the world, such as CNN, The Coca-Cola Company, Lockheed Martin, IBM, Regal Cinemas, Raytheon, and Eddie Bauer. For product and sales information, contact Plixer International, Inc. at 207.324.8805, or visit http://www.plixer.com.