The British rushed to buy all-electric cars. In February, sales of BEVs increased almost 3.5 times.
As the overall number of new registrations went down by 2.9% to 79,594, the market share for plug-ins grew to an outstanding 5.74% (one per 17.4 new cars).
- Fully Charged Takes MINI Electric Factory Tour And Test Drive
- Number Of Supermarket Charge Points Doubled In UK In 2 Years
- LEVC Expected To Increase Sales By 50% This Year
- LEVC Builds The First Prototypes Of Its Upcoming New Plug-In Van
Plug-in Electric Car Registrations in the UK – February 2020
- BEVs 2,508 (up 243% year-over-year) at market share of 3.2%
- PHEVs: 2,058 (up 50% year-over-year) at market share of 2.6%
- Total: 4,566 (up 117% year-over-year) at market share of 5.9%
Since the hybrids are now finding fewer customers than plug-ins, it's time to increase the pace and beat all non-plug-in hybrids (HEVs and MHEVs):