Two New Phones Join Family of Poly Native Microsoft Teams Solutions Business Communications
SANTA CRUZ, Calif., March 19, 2019 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Plantronics, Inc. (PLT) (“Poly”), a global communications company, today announced the Poly CCX Series, sleek business desk phones designed for the modern office that pair a native Microsoft Teams solution with premium voice quality.
Poly CCX 500 and CCX 700 phones extend Teams straight to your desktop phone so that your calls, calendar, and meetings are fully integrated and accessible through the phone’s screen display for more efficient meetings. Joining a conference call is now as easy as one-click on the calendar. Businesses that are migrating to or those who already rely on Teams will benefit from CCX Series’ ability to function as a true unified communications platform that delivers legendary voice quality.
“We constantly hear from our customers that they need tools and solutions to adapt to their needs, not the other way around,” said Shantanu Sarkar, executive vice president, general manager, personal systems business at Poly. “Working with Microsoft allows us to push the boundaries of what it means to collaborate with solutions that just work, no matter what.”
Ilya Bukshteyn, partner director, devices for Microsoft Teams at Microsoft said, “Poly and their new CCX Series of Microsoft Teams phones, helps us focus on bringing a consistent Microsoft Teams experience to every workspace, from personal desks to shared spaces and meeting rooms. Having this consistent experience across the workplace helps our customers reduce training costs and accelerate deployment, as they continue to adopt Teams faster than any other business application in Microsoft history.”
CCX 500 and CCX 700 phones come with Polycom HD Voice and a color touch display screen. CCX 700 includes video calling right in the phone with its built-in camera. Both CCX 700 and CCX 500 phones will continue to support Skype for Business and will be available in CYQ3 in the United States, Canada, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, and Japan. Additional countries to follow.
Poly’s latest portfolio offers a full suite of professional and support services – consulting, migration deployment, and tech support – including the following extension of Teams solutions:
- New RealConnect for Clariti for Teams and Skype for Business, Poly’s video interoperability service allows customers to connect their existing Polycom video infrastructure to Teams. Along with this new RealConnect Service, the cloud-based interoperability service, this on-premises based solution provides more options, especially for those with Internet bandwidth constraints and public-sector requirements, or ITP layout support. This new service will be available in early CYQ2 upon Microsoft’s global certification, where RealConnect for Teams is currently available.
- New managed service offering in development, Managed Services for Microsoft Teams with direct routing, which is expected to be the single-source solution driving global adoption and interoperability of Teams. Intended to be powered with Tata Communications’ global network, the service encompasses endpoints, infrastructure, and SIP Managed Services for a global managed solution of Teams with direct routing. For global organizations, this new Managed Services for Teams would provide a one-stop shop experience to ease the move to Teams. Expected to be available globally in CYQ2.
- Polycom Studio, a plug-and-play video soundbar for huddle rooms features Polycom’s legendary HD audio and video quality in a portable USB device offering a native Microsoft Teams experience.
- Polycom Trio, the smartphone for the modern conference room, will run native Teams application for audio.
- Plantronics Elara 60 Series, the mobile phone station designed for the increasingly mobile-first worker, provides users with a one-touch or voice-activated Microsoft Teams experience.
- HP Elite Slice for meeting rooms G2 Skype Room System – Audio Ready, a native Microsoft Teams Room solution from HP, pairs with Polycom Trio 8500, EagleEye IV USB camera, and Polycom Studio (certification pending), to address the needs for high-quality native Teams solutions for various room sizes.
- Poly’s Savi, Voyager, Blackwire, and Calisto range of headsets and portable USB speakerphones are Skype for Business certified and work with Teams. Poly’s CCX devices will also continue to support Skype for Business.
Today’s announcements are the latest in a collaboration between Microsoft and Poly that has spanned nearly 15 years.
Poly is a global communications company that powers meaningful human connection and collaboration. Poly combines legendary audio expertise and powerful video and conferencing capabilities to overcome the distractions, complexity and distance that make communication in and out of the workplace challenging. Poly believes in solutions that make life easier when they work together and with our partners’ services. Our headsets, software, desk phones, audio and video conferencing, analytics and services are used worldwide and are a leading choice for every kind of workspace. For more information, please visit www.poly.com.
Poly and propeller design are trademarks of Plantronics, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Poly Media Contacts:
M: +1 (831) 201-9142
O: +1 (415) 318-4110; M: +1 (415) 336-8457
A photo accompanying this announcement is available at: http://www.globenewswire.com/NewsRoom/AttachmentNg/7898aff7-38e8-4b0e-8219-2a368d226c03