Rising concerns over the UK crashing out of the European Union without any kind of transition deal coupled with political drama in Westminster compounded to the Pound’s woes. With a broadly stronger Dollar rubbing salt in the wound and punishing Sterling further, the GBPUSD remains heavily bearish on the daily timeframe.
Much attention will be directed towards today UK inflation report hearings by the Bank of England’s Governor. While this event could impact the Pound, the currency is likely to be more concerned with Brexit developments and the Political drama at home.
Technical traders will continue to closely observe how the GBPUSD behave around the 1.2700 level. A solid daily close below this point signals a move lower towards 1.2620 and 1.2500 as discussed earlier in the week.
Disclaimer: The content in this article comprises personal opinions and should not be construed as containing personal and/or other investment advice and/or an offer of and/or solicitation for any transactions in financial instruments and/or a guarantee and/or prediction of future performance. ForexTime (FXTM), its affiliates, agents, directors, officers or employees do not guarantee the accuracy, validity, timeliness or completeness, of any information or data made available and assume no liability as to any loss arising from any investment based on the same.
This article was originally posted on FX Empire
More From FXEMPIRE:
- GBP/USD Price Forecast – British pound finding a bottom potentially
- Natural Gas Price Forecast – Natural gas markets fall for the day on Tuesday
- USD/CAD Daily Forecast – Oil Price Upshot Amid Global Cues Undermining the Loonie
- EUR/USD Mid-Session Technical Analysis for May 21, 2019
- Gold Price Forecast – Gold markets finding support again
- AUD/USD Price Forecast – Australian dollar falls hard