- Oops!Something went wrong.Please try again later.
Sept 23 (Reuters) - The following are the top stories in the Financial Times. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
- UK insurers to be blocked from favouring new customers https://on.ft.com/2EsM7c0
- Private equity group Lone Star pulls out of £6.5bn race for Asda https://on.ft.com/2EnxGWu
- TransferWise doubles profits despite 'volatility’' from pandemic https://on.ft.com/3hUPFBl
- Deutsche Bank plans to close 1 in 5 branches in Germany https://on.ft.com/32RXe7C
- The Financial Conduct Authority is trying to ban insurance companies from charging existing customers more than new ones for motor and home cover.
- US-based private equity firm Lone Star has pulled out of the race to buy British supermarket Asda.
- UK fintech TransferWise doubled profits in the last financial year and said it had continued to grow in 2020 despite the "volatility" brought by the coronavirus pandemic.
- Deutsche Bank plans to shutter one in five branches in its home market in Germany as the country's largest lender strives to return to profitability.
(Compiled by Bengaluru newsroom)