PRESS DIGEST- Wall Street Journal - Jan 27
Jan 27 (Reuters) - Following are the top stories in the Wall Street Journal. Reuters has not verified these stories and does not vouch for their accuracy.
- BuzzFeed Inc said it would rely on ChatGPT creator OpenAI to enhance its quizzes and personalize some content for its audiences, becoming the latest digital publisher to embrace artificial intelligence.
- Dow Inc said it is laying off about 2,000 employees globally as job cuts that have so far been concentrated in the technology sector spread to other parts of the economy.
- Activist investor Elliott Management Corp is preparing to nominate a slate of directors at Salesforce Inc, according to people familiar with the matter, in a sign that a battle may be looming for board seats at the business-software maker.
- Hasbro Inc on Thursday said it would eliminate 15% of its global workforce this year in the latest indication that economic uncertainty is spreading to sectors beyond technology and media.
- Bed Bath & Beyond Inc said it doesn't have the funds to repay its banks after they determined the retailer has defaulted on its credit lines.
- Chipotle Mexican Grill Inc says it plans to hire 15,000 people in the U.S. as it opens more restaurants and tries to keep up with an expected increase in orders in coming months. (Compiled by Bengaluru newsroom)