- Prince Harry has reportedly been an avid smoker since his days at Eton.
- But the prince has given up the habit for his fiancée, Meghan Markle.
- Smoking is officially banned on the grounds of Kensington Palace, where the couple lives.
Prince Harry has been known to enjoy a few cigarettes after a drink or two.
The prince made multiple headlines for his partying ways during his twenties, including "strip billiards" with a group of strangers in Las Vegas back in 2012.
During his wild years, the Daily Mail claims that the prince could "easily" get through a packet of Marlborough Lights in just one day.
But those days are reportedly over, according to the Mail on Sunday. The prince has apparently given up smoking for his fiancée Meghan Markle.
The American actress, entrepreneur, and activist leads a health-conscious and active lifestyle, so it's no surprise that she doesn't smoke herself.
Chris Jackson/Getty Images
"Harry has promised no smoking at all at home. It's not nice for Meghan as a non-smoker," a friend of the couple told the Mail on Sunday.
"So there's no more hanging out of the window for a quick puff. Harry has quit for Meghan."
Prince Harry has reportedly smoked since his school days at Eton, and has often been spotted smoking on a night out or in the throes of a dinner party.
Associated Press/Roger Allen
However, smoking is in fact banned at Kensington Palace — where Harry lives — and all other royal residences.
The rule was passed in May this year, and Clarence House was the only royal residence unaffected by the rule change. However, Prince Charles — who lives there with his wife the Duchess of Cornwall — reportedly hates the habit and banned smoking on the premises years ago, according to the Daily Mail.
- The most iconic image from 26 royal weddings throughout modern British history
- This £950,000 lakeside home with a sloping green roof was just voted the best house in Britain — take a look inside
- The Russian billionaire owner of Arsenal reportedly paid for his niece to wed in a lavish Disney-style wedding — take a look inside