The Largest Consumer Survey of Product Innovation Reveals Winners in 36 Categories
NEW YORK, Feb. 8, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- Product of the Year USA, the world's largest consumer-voted award for product innovation, proudly announced the highly-anticipated winners of the 2019 Product of the Year Awards. Determined by a national study of 40,000 consumers conducted by Kantar, a global leader in consumer research, the 36 winning products have been awarded as the most innovative products of the year in their respective categories.
For over 30 years globally, and 11 years in the US, Product of the Year has guided consumers to the best products on the market by recognizing companies and brands for quality and product innovation.
The 36 winners of the 2019 Product of the Year Awards were announced at last night's annual Product of the Year Awards Show at the Edison Ballroom in New York City and can be found online at womansday.com. The night kicked off with a red carpet, hosted by Sara Gore, which led into the awards show, hosted by Ross Mathews and Ali Wentworth, and was followed by an after party sponsored by Strongbow.
"Backed by the votes of over 40,000 everyday consumers, the distinctive Product of the Year logo helps shoppers identify the best new products in the supermarket, and saves them valuable time and money during the shopping experience," said Mike Nolan, CEO of Product of the Year. "In an increasingly competitive and saturated marketplace, the Product of the Year seal of approval gives our winning products a powerful tool proven to increase product trial, consumer awareness, distribution and sales."
Product of the Year accepts entries each year from consumer packaged goods that demonstrate innovation, and were launched within the previous year. The entries span a wide breadth of product categories, such as food, beverages, personal care, household care and more, with one product being chosen as a winner in its category through a nationally representative online study of 40,000 consumers conducted by Kantar.
The 36 winners of the 2019 Product of the Year Award are:
- AIR CARE | Air Wick Essential Mist - Reckitt Benckiser
- ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE | Strongbow® Hard Ciders, 100 Cal Slim Cans - Heineken USA
- AUTOMATIC DISH CARE | FINISH® Max-in-1® POWERBALL® - Reckitt Benckiser
- BETTER-FOR-YOU SNACK | Gold Emblem abound White Cheddar Flavored Bite-sized Quinoa & Rice Cakes - CVS Health
- BREAD | ALDI Specially Selected Sliced Sourdough Round – ALDI, Inc.
- BREAKFAST | Del Monte® Fruit & Oats™ - Del Monte Foods
- CAFFEINATED PRODUCT | Java House Cold Brew - Dual Use Liquid Pods - Heartland Food Products Group
- CANDY BAR | Butterfinger – The Ferrara Candy Company, an affiliate of Ferrero Group
- CAR CARE | Rain-X® Waterless Car Wash & Rain Repellent - ITW GLOBAL BRANDS
- CAT CARE | Fresh Step Clean Paws - The Clorox Company
- CONVENIENCE MEAL | BUSH'S® Savory Beans - Bush Brothers & Company
- COOKIE | OREO THINS BITES - Mondelēz International
- DISH BOOSTER | FINISH® Jet-Dry® - Reckitt Benckiser
- DOG CARE | Comfort Zone® Calming Vest for Dogs - Central Garden & Pet
- FEMININE CARE | Playtex Simply Gentle Glide - Edgewell Personal Care
- FRESH ENTRÉE | Cooked Perfect Fresh Meatballs - Home Market Foods
- FROZEN ENTRÉE | Lean Cuisine Origins - Nestlé USA
- GUM | Tic Tac Gum - Ferrero
- HEALTH SYSTEMS | CONTOUR®NEXT ONE Smart Meter and App System - Ascensia Diabetes Care
- HEALTHY BEVERAGE | ZYN® – Holistic Wellness™ Beverage
- HOUSEHOLD CLEANING | Scrubbing Bubbles® Bubbly Bleach Gel Toilet Bowl Cleaner - SC Johnson
- HOUSEHOLD ESSENTIALS | Reynolds KITCHENS® Quick Cut™ Plastic Wrap - Reynolds Consumer Products
- ICE CREAM | Nightfood Ice Cream - Nightfood
- IMMEDIATE RELIEF | HALLS KIDS - Mondelēz International
- KIDS NOVELTY SNACK | Kinder Joy® - Ferrero U.S.A.
- LAUNDRY BOOSTER | Purex Crystals New & Improved Formula - Henkel
- LAUNDRY PACS | Tide PODS Ultra Oxi - Procter & Gamble
- LIQUID DISH SOAP | Dawn Platinum - Procter & Gamble
- LIQUID LAUNDRY | Tide Fresh Coral Blast - Procter & Gamble
- ORAL CARE | Crest Gum Detoxify - Procter & Gamble
- PAPER TOWELS | Brawny Tear-A-Square - Georgia Pacific
- SIDE DISH | Idahoan Family Size Flavored Mashed Potatoes - Idahoan Foods, LLC.
- SKIN PROTECTION | Honu Sunscreen - Starco Brands
- SUGAR CONFECTIONS | Black Forest Gummy Bears - Ferrara Candy Company
- VEGETARIAN ENTRÉE | ALDI Earth Grown Chickenless Patties or Tenders – ALDI, Inc.
- WINE | ALDI Intermingle Red Blend – ALDI, Inc.
About Product of the Year:
Product of the Year is the world's largest consumer-voted award for product innovation. Established over 30 years ago, POY currently operates in over 40 countries with the same purpose: Guide consumers to the best products in their market and reward manufacturers for quality and innovation. Product of the Year winners are backed by the votes of 40,000 consumers in a national representative study conducted by research partner Kantar, a global leader in consumer research. The award is a powerful merchandising program for marketers proven to increase product sales, distribution and awareness. Winning products are announced in February each year and receive the right to use the Product of the Year logo in marketing communications for two years. For more information, visit productoftheyearusa.com.
Kantar is the world's leading marketing data, insight and consultancy company. We know more about how people live, feel, shop, vote, watch and post worldwide than any other company. Working across the entire sales and marketing lifecycle, we help brands uncover growth in an extraordinary world. Kantar is part of WPP and its services are employed by over half of the Fortune 500 companies in 100 countries.
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/product-of-the-year-usa-announces-2019-award-winners-300789656.html