NEW YORK, March 7, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- The 5th edition of the 'Public Sector (Non-Residential) Construction Market Report - UK 2017-2021 Analysis' specifically focuses on public sector construction activity within healthcare, education, defence, custodial, justice and other public sectors against a backdrop of continuing public sector funding cuts and uncertainties surrounding Brexit.
Key areas in the report:
- Structure, size and value of the public sector construction market and a detailed assessment of the major sectors within public sector construction.
- In-depth analysis of government funding for schools, higher education, healthcare and defence. Analysis of both resource and capital spending levels to 2021.
- Detailed review of major contractors and consortia involved in public sector construction forecasts of market developments to 2021.
- Review of investment levels and progress in sector-specific procurement routes and construction programmes within the key public sectors.
- Analysis of construction output in the public sector with forecasts to 2020-21. Future opportunities for public sector work for the construction industry.
Areas of particular interest:
- Capital spending is now being prioritised following the easing of austerity measures, enabling the government to use public borrowing to fund capital developments. This will see capital spending rise from £52.3bn in 2016-17 to £74.2bn in 2021-22, a rise of around 41.8% over the 6 year period.
- Analysis of the likely impact of Brexit on public sector funding and public sector projects, EU funding and the availability of new loans from the EIB.
- Review of key public sector procurement routes and programmes including PFI and PF2; and Regional Construction Frameworks such as the London Construction Programme; the Southern Construction Framework; the North West Construction Hub; EMPA/SCAPE Contractors Frameworks; YORhub; Constructing West Midlands; and NEPO in the North East.
- A review of the new public sector market frameworks and alternative procurement routes to central government frameworks including Pagabo Major Projects Framework for EU compliant projects covering Scotland, the North, Wales and South.
Public Sector Construction Market in the UK
Value of construction output 2012 to 2021. Total new work and RMI output in the residential and non-residential sectors, trends by sector and forecasts to 2021.
Public non-residential construction analysis and outlook 2012-2021 - output, forecasts and sector analysis: health, education, defence, police, custodial, justice and other public sectors.
Current and forecast public sector spending and investment. Impact of 'Brexit' on public sector spending and public sector projects to 2021.
Analysis of policy and announcements in the 2016 budget and 2016 autumn statement.
Public sector funding: Education - DfE spending; higher education spending; education capital spending.
Public sector funding: Healthcare - NHS spending; CCG spending; NHS in Scotland & Wales; healthcare capital spending to 2021.
Procurement Programmes in Public Sector Construction
Overview of government investment in PFI projects. Analysis of forthcoming public sector projects under PF2.
Construction and procurement programmes in the education sector: PFI; PSBP; academies/free schools programme; Scotland-schools for the future programme; Wales - 21st century schools programme.
Construction and procurement programmes in the healthcare sector: PFI & PPP; PF2; ExpressLIFT; Scottish hub initiative and frameworks Scotland; Procure21+ and P22; and designed for life: building for Wales framework.
Construction and procurement programmes in the defence sector: next generation estate contracts (NGEC) programme with a mix of prime contracts and capital works frameworks.
Construction and procurement programmes in the justice, police, fire & rescue and custodial sectors.
Review of regional construction frameworks such as the London construction programme; the Southern construction framework; the North West construction Hub; EMPA/SCAPE contractors frameworks; YORhub; Constructing West Midlands; and NEPO in the North East.
Construction Supply in the Public Sector
Detailed review of major contractors and consortia and overview of contractor capability and experience in public sector construction work.
Key contractors in the education healthcare, education, defence and other public sectors. Capability, experience and key projects and frameworks awarded in 2016.
Read the full report: http://www.reportlinker.com/p04759521-summary/view-report.html
ReportLinker is an award-winning market research solution. Reportlinker finds and organizes the latest industry data so you get all the market research you need - instantly, in one place.
Contact Clare: firstname.lastname@example.org
Intl: +1 339-368-6001
To view the original version on PR Newswire, visit:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/public-sector-non-residential-construction-market-report-a-uk-2017-2021-analysis-300419834.html