STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN--(Marketwire - Jan 18, 2013) - Tail-f Systems, the leading provider of multi-vendor configuration management and network automation software, today announced that Pulsecom has licensed Tail-f's NCS software to develop NetPulse EMS, Pulsecom's carrier-class Element Management System (EMS).
"The ability to offer a true carrier-class EMS platform is critical to the success of our SuperG family of Access and Network Interface Device (NID) products," says Paula DeCarlo, Director Pulsecom Engineering Operations. "Tail-f's NCS software is the backbone for Pulsecom's NetPulse EMS and has the advanced feature set necessary for Tier 1 carriers. The model-driven development approach allows us to rapidly add and modify management capabilities to meet our customers' evolving needs. In addition, northbound interfaces are standards-based for smooth integration with OSS/BSS platforms and automated provisioning enables consistent and accurate subscriber service turn-up."
"Modern EMS platforms are now expected to do more than monitor alerts and provide performance data," said Fredrik Lundberg, CEO of Tail-f Systems. "We are excited to be working with Pulsecom as they provide their customers a true carrier-class EMS platform."
Tail-f NCS Highlights
NCS is a proven and powerful network management application designed to accelerate EMS platform development by incorporating a number of key business and technology advantages:
- Rapid development and nimble enhancements
- Model-driven architecture using a common data model and unique software to auto-render management interfaces
- Automated service provisioning and transaction-safe configuration management
- Full Fault, Configuration, Accounting, Performance, and Security (FCAPS) functionality
- Seamless EMS-to-OSS/BSS interface including MTOSI support
- Powerful Web UI development kit that saves development while enabling a state-of-the-art GUI
- High-availability with data replication
For more information on NCS for network equipment providers, please see www.tail-f.com/ncs.
Pulsecom's SuperG Family Highlights
- SuperG Multiservice Access Switch: CE 2.0-ready Ethernet and DS1 access solution supporting multiple generations of cell site backhaul and evolving business service requirements;
- SuperG NID: CE 2.0-ready Ethernet access solution optimized for cell site and customer premise applications requiring MEF-compliant Ethernet services; and
- SuperG OSP: CE 2.0-ready access solution optimized for outdoor use.
Pulsecom's scalable solutions for Carrier Ethernet business access and wireless backhaul deliver MEF compliant Ethernet services to custom fit any mixture of 1G, 2G, 3G and 4G/LTE applications. Learn more at www.pulse.com.
About Tail-f Systems
Tail-f Systems is the leading provider of multi-vendor configuration management and network automation software. Seven of the ten largest global networking equipment providers are Tail-f Systems' customers. Network Equipment Providers use Tail-f's software to build on-device management systems and EMS/NMS platforms in less time and with differentiated capabilities. Service Providers use Tail-f's software to quickly build scalable, agile management systems and benefit by bringing network services to market faster and more reliably. Smart Grid solution providers use Tail-f's software to build state-of-the-art configuration systems that meet industry requirements for security and high availability. Headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden, Tail-f is a Red Herring Top 100 company, a Stratecast Global OSS/BSS 10 to Watch Company, and a Pipeline Network Innovations Award Finalist. www.tail-f.com
Established in 1963, Pulsecom became a subsidiary of Hubbell Incorporated (