NURNBERG, GERMANY and HERSHAM, UNITED KINGDOM--(Marketwire - Feb 26, 2013) - PRQA / Programming Research, a global leader of static analysis tools, announces a significant upgrade to QA-Verify, its sophisticated software quality management solution.
QA-Verify already leverages the broad industry adoption of QA-C and QA-C++, providing team-sharing collaboration, sophisticated coding standards compliance, metrics and reporting facilities across multiple software projects. In this latest release, we extend this functionality to make the process of Continuous Code Inspection even more effective.
The adoption of structured code inspections remains surprisingly low, despite the fact that the benefits are well documented and compelling. Inspections have historically been a manual and intensive effort, difficult to scale as code volume and complexity increases, along with the inevitable schedule and resourcing pressures on a development team''s most experienced resources.
A key part of the solution is to automate the code inspection. By replacing manual inspections with the advanced facilities of QA-Verify, organizations will be able to conduct their code inspections in an automated and collaborative environment. Several key product features combine to deliver this:
- Specific notes and subsequent comment threads from each review are captured and documented. And the ongoing developer action assignments are initiated.
- Run-time issues and undefined language use are identified - among the most important inputs to a code inspection.
- Code structure and metrics with trend graphs over each function''s lifetime, provide an advanced timeline of code complexity.
- A detailed picture of coding rule compliance is available, incorporating sophisticated mechanisms to control deviations.
- Continuous, incremental analysis is provided and this can also be triggered through the build-environment integration, including continuous build environments such as Jenkins.
Code inspection need not be a subjective, tedious, confrontational and labour-intensive activity. With extensive automation, online collaboration and the realization of continuous, incremental updates, the new Continuous Code Inspection paradigm is now established through intelligent features of QA-Verify.
QA-Verify is available now. Further details are available at www.programmingresearch.com.
About PRQA / PROGRAMMING RESEARCH
Established in 1985, PRQA is recognized throughout the industry as a pioneer in static analysis, championing automated coding standard inspection and defect detection, delivering its expertise through industry-leading software inspection and standards enforcement technology.
All products or brand names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.