LAS VEGAS, NV--(Marketwire - Oct 24, 2012) - Qualys Inc. (
The new capabilities of the QualysGuard Cloud Platform include:
- Improved remediation workflow with automatic vulnerability exception handling capabilities. This release introduces multiple important new capabilities to the QualysGuard remediation workflow functions to help customers to better manage exceptions for vulnerabilities that cannot be fixed or that need to be ignored during remediation. This improves exception management for risk acceptance processes and prioritization of remediation efforts.
- Support for continuous scanning. This new type of scan allows users to configure a scheduled scan task to automatically launch a new scan once the previous instance finishes. This gives users the ability to easily perform continuous type of scanning across their global network.
- New scanner appliance calendar. The new scanner calendar now provides users with immediate insight into scans and maps activity for a single scanner appliance. The calendar provides a visual layout of scans for the selected scanner and helps users review and analyze past and scheduled scans to identify any potential scheduled scan conflicts and prevent overlapping scheduled scans.
- New scanner appliance capacity chart. The scanner appliance information page will display a chart to report on the capacity of the appliance for the past seven days. This data will help users increase the utilization of scanners and enable them to repurpose idle scanners.
- Compliance scanning with non-administrative privileges on Windows. On Windows hosts, QualysGuard Policy Compliance will now process data points retrieved during a scan using non-administrator type of accounts. This helps users capture compliance data from Windows hosts more easily and report on compliance gaps for internal policies and external regulations.
- New policy compliance reports for troubleshooting authentication issues during scans. This release includes a new section, called "Scan Authentication," in compliance reports that will help users troubleshoot scan authentication issues by presenting the list of hosts for which the authentication have failed during the scan and the reason why it failed.
"The QualysGuard Cloud Platform is now in use by more than 6,000 organizations of all sizes worldwide," said Philippe Courtot, chairman and CEO for Qualys. "With this release, we continue to enable customers to further automate their vulnerability management programs and streamline their compliance initiatives."
Pricing and Availability
These updates are available immediately to all QualysGuard customers in the US and Europe. Pricing is by annual subscriptions based on the number of QualysGuard solutions and systems, and subscriptions include all updates and 24x7 support. For detailed information on this latest release, please visit https://community.qualys.com/community/notifications-us.
About QualysGuard Cloud Platform
The QualysGuard Cloud Platform and its integrated suite of security and compliance solutions helps provide organizations of all sizes with a global view of their security and compliance posture, while reducing their total cost of ownership. The QualysGuard Cloud Suite, which includes Vulnerability Management, Web Application Scanning, Malware Detection Service, Policy Compliance, PCI Compliance and Qualys SECURE Seal, enable customers to identify their IT assets, collect and analyze large amounts of IT security data, discover and prioritize vulnerabilities and malware, recommend remediation actions and verify the implementation of such actions.
Qualys Inc. (
For more information, please visit www.qualys.com.
Qualys, the Qualys logo and QualysGuard are proprietary trademarks of Qualys, Inc. All other products or names may be trademarks of their respective companies.